No announcement yet.

Flatwire cap eagle for comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hard to say but here are several pics of crushers with these tan backed eagles on them that I snagged off of the crusher thread in the cloth headgear portion of the forum. Its possible that these easily faded but based on the amount of crushers you see with these on them I tend to think it must have been a particular producer that made them this way. Matt
    Attached Files

Comment

z
      Attached Files

Comment

Now the really worn crusher in this pic looks like the eagle is starting to fade out but who knows. Matt
        Attached Files

Comment

Matt,

Many thanks for the pics of the crusher caps with tan eagles. Also great to see the flatwire cockades, as I just picked up a cap-removed example (in standard dark green, so no mysteries there). Actually, it would make a good partner to display with the eagle I posted.

Thanks again to everyone who posted information and comments.

Mark

Comment

Mark,

no problem, you got a hard to find killer bird for sure. Now you just need to find that crusher in need. I have a soft spot for flatwire insignia, going to be purging my EM bird collection when I get home and just picking up Heer flatwire pieces. They are very addicting and I have a few but just can't get enough. Matt

Comment

re

Hope this picture helps a bit

Greeting,s Johnny
              Attached Files
              sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

John,

as always a stunning selection of eagles. Matt

Comment

John,

Many thanks for the photo, it makes a great reference for the range of colours and styles that army flatwires appear in. I only have a couple of flatwire breast eagles, and only the single cap flatwire that I posted. The colour of it is kind of midway between the two at the top of your photo, maybe closer to the early green heer one on the left.

I'm definitely going to try and track down some more of these, they're great to collect.

All the best,

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X