New Chinese Repros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PanzerJager1944 View Post
    True until someone adds a known name and loops for a DKIG, that is a relatively cheap addition that would certainly make it worth the return to a faker. . .
    If people are familiar with original materials these will never fool you. These are used for the quick buck and to sell to people who are not experienced collectors who often assume that if something looks old and worn it must be real. These are junk compared to period clothing, just like these etc. -

http://www.gavinmilitaria.com/index....roducts_id=121

Comment

These tunics are made by unionmilitaria.com.You could not pass these off as original,they are perfect for re-enactment and thats it.I have two tunics,an M37ss tunic and a wool M36/41 tunic,the wool tunic material is thin compared to original cloth,but gives the appearence of 'doe skin'.John

Comment

Originally posted by collecter View Post
        These tunics are made by unionmilitaria.com.You could not pass these off as original,they are perfect for re-enactment and thats it.I have two tunics,an M37ss tunic and a wool M36/41 tunic,the wool tunic material is thin compared to original cloth,but gives the appearence of 'doe skin'.John
        , they also are made for Cosplay and budget collecting etc. Cosplay is big in Asia now which is very weird to me but maybe there will be a new market for original items after they take over the World economy in 10 years.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/pictu...reactions.html

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          This is why it is important to educate ourselves by looking at original textiles, these will look okay in photos but the material is modern and synthetic, everything is machine stitched and the overall quality is not there. Like everything else that is now copied by them, the can make things cheaply that look like originals but are not physically like other originals. These are mostly a threat to the unaware.
          You are so right.
          That uniform is nothing wich scares me. The tricot looks good, but if you come to the lining you get the kiss of death. it is the worst, cheapest acetat fabric and is far away from the real "Stahlseide", wich is used in real ww2 german uniforms. It just apears as a german waffenrock, but better don t touch it. Good enough for movie and reenactment. that s it.
          BTW to me gavin is next to antz the best repro maker in the cheap repro section. He uses good wool with correct colors in good qualitiy, he does the right button holes in the right lenght. unfortenatly antz went out of buisnes recently...

Comment

These fake tunics will fool only putz's that deserve to be fooled. No collector/dealer who has any TR experience will be faked into these .

These are not even good re enactor tunics, if you want to make the roster in a re enacting show inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by marksmilitaria View Post
              These fake tunics will fool only putz's that deserve to be fooled. No collector/dealer who has any TR experience will be faked into these .

These are not even good re enactor tunics, if you want to make the roster in a re enacting show inspection.
              Jesus some of you lot are so high brow......for no reason ...this hobby aint no Shakespeare, just wool.
              They are fantastic copies for peanuts.

Comment

That is a fake wich scares me........
                http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...vip=true&rt=nc

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
                  Jesus some of you lot are so high brow......for no reason ...this hobby aint no Shakespeare, just wool.
                  They are fantastic copies for peanuts.
                  it is not wool, in that case it is basicly about polyester and it is nothing I would call fantastic, sorry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X