Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Chinese Repros

Hello,

I usually do not venture into this forum, and I apologize if this is old news to those of you that do.

I ran across this maker of reproduction uniforms:
    http://stores.ebay.de/rzmmilitaria/_...sub=3070044011

Their police uniforms look VERY good. I am only bringing these your attention as they are very good reproductions, and except for the interiors, which I am sure will be tweaked I believe that these can fool many. These seem to be much nicer than the typical re-enactor stuff, and the quality of work is high.......and the prices low,............ average $150-$250! That is less than some repro insignia!

Be forewarned! it used to be that 5 piece back "rock" tunics cost too much to reproduce. I remember that repro army waffenrocks were $1000. Not any more.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W.Unland; 08-07-2012, 04:53 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interiors all seem to be the same:
        Attached Files

Comment

last
          Attached Files

Comment

Scary

Comment

Despite the mistakes in writing on the labels those tunics could fool some collectors.

Cheers,
              Philipp
              Last edited by Towarish; 08-07-2012, 06:15 AM.

Comment

chinese rocks

jesus chrysler. we've now reached the point that civil war militaria hit in the '60s at the time of the centennial.

Comment

This is why it is important to educate ourselves by looking at original textiles, these will look okay in photos but the material is modern and synthetic, everything is machine stitched and the overall quality is not there. Like everything else that is now copied by them, the can make things cheaply that look like originals but are not physically like other originals. These are mostly a threat to the unaware.

Comment

Tricot wool on waffenrock isn't so good like on originals

Comment

They fixed the "unifrom" spelling error on the tag now!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        T Like everything else that is now copied by them, the can make things cheaply that look like originals but are not physically like other originals. These are mostly a threat to the unaware.
                        200€ for a copy is not really cheap. If someone wants to fool a serious collector he first has to excange the poor insignia with real ones - it costs probably another 100€ or more. The wool piping isnt convincing either. Even if he is finding someone his return wouldnt be so much.
                        Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 08-07-2012, 10:46 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Ooops we have to beware of those coming copys

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                            200€ for a copy is not really cheap. If someone wants to fool a serious collector he first has to excange the poor insignia with real ones - it costs probably another 100€ or more. The wool piping isnt convincing either. Even if he is finding someone his return wouldnt be so much.
                            True until someone adds a known name and loops for a DKIG, that is a relatively cheap addition that would certainly make it worth the return to a faker. . .

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                              200 Euro for a copy of a Generals dress uniform is very cheap. To have a waffenrock made bespoke with 100% trikot wool, period silk or rayon and with hand sewing the way the originals were made from cut panels would cost more than original items now. If it were cheaper they would be doing it to make money trust me. A decent mans custom suit now is 2000-4000 USD plus and that is with machine sewing. I would guess a waffenrock would cost at least that with the hand sewing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X