Gray wrap on the E-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gray wrap on the E-stand

I am interested in buying this wrap on the e-stand, but with the complexities on these and my own lack of experience, I would like some opinions on it, please. The seller has agreed to me opening this thread. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...82#post5353882 Jacques
    Attached Files

There are a lot more detailed pics on the e-stand thread.
    Attached Files

Comment

The wrap itself is without doubts original, insignia is IMHO reapplied.
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

nnnn
        Attached Files

Comment

Just curious; is that the type of collar tab piping one would expect to find on a late wrap?
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I like the wrap! Jim

Comment

Very nice, cant go wrong with that one. Just curios, what makes you think the insignias is replaced?

Comment

Gray wrap

M36 style collar tabs with Russia braid on field gray? I am not a fan of the collar tabs. Someone will say they are tailor done but definitely not standard issue.
                Stephen

Comment

the wrap looks original, but i can see only 6 pics avaible here in this thread untill now, so some are still missing.
                  derka

Comment

Originally posted by 44Stephen View Post
                    M36 style collar tabs with Russia braid on field gray? I am not a fan of the collar tabs. Someone will say they are tailor done but definitely not standard issue.
                    Stephen

I believe they are actual collar tabs applied seperate and not the Russia braid type.

I don't believe them to be original though,and they have been applied post war along with the eagle to a stripped original AG wrapper.

Glenn
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Here are some pics back of collar to see tab application and eagle. Jacques
                      Attached Files

Comment

Courtesy of Derka, here are the officeial order regarding tabs on gray wraps;

"Official orders on this point :

- AHM.1940 Nmr.684, may 29th, 1940, about Sonderbekleindung für Artillerie-Einheiten s.Pak (Sfl); Totenköpf must be removed from Kragenpatten with rot waffenfarbe, they have to stay "empty".

- OKH Abt Bkl (IIIa) Nmr.134, january 30th, 1943 : Doppellitzen have to be seewn on Kragenpatten, and Totenköpf are forbidden.

Those regs are for NCO and EM serving in sturmartillerie units, and officers had to wear standart litzen on their wraps, like those used on their service tunics.

derka "

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340471100.316426.jpg

Here an example that's similar. Look at period photos and known original examples in books.

Comment

Another...
                            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340471711.648419.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ccj View Post

Here an example that's similar. Look at period photos and known original examples in books.

If you honestly think that any of these wrappers you posted are "untouched original" then I am afraid you have a whole lot to learn.

Perhaps the road you took to collecting Imperial German was a wise choice!

Glenn
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X