No announcement yet.

nco school uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cuffs tell us the jacket is made like an officer type jacket. I have seen pictures where higher NCOs wore officer jackets.

I don't know if the M was worn on Munich boards also, but the NCO school Marienwerder wore them during the war.

The pips are not TR period. They look like NVA pips to me. Take a look at the backside - if they are made from aluminium and they have brass round spikes they are NVA/DDR pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
      The pips are not TR period. They look like NVA pips to me. Take a look at the backside - if they are made from aluminium and they have brass round spikes they are NVA/DDR pieces.
      Michael wrote to me the pips have flat aluminium prongs, so I made a mistake. The pips are TR related.

I checked my lists about the US M boards.
      The NCO school Munich exist only a very short period and probably never wore the M - maybe a single NCO puts a metal M under his US, but it was never in use widespread .
      The school in Marienwerder was active for four years and wore the M during this time.

Here is a hard worn private purchased board of the NCO school Marienwerder from my collection.

Best regards,
      Andreas
      Attached Files

Comment

ncoschool tunic

where is marienwerder? oh, looks like it is a bit north of berlin!
        Last edited by michael leone; 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

unteroff

google maps, marienwerder, Deutschland

about in Hannover zone.

Comment

The tunic looks like it is tailored but made from the same "captured" Italian gabardine as later War issue tunics, if this is the fabric type it probably dates to late 43 or later.

Comment

Hello there,

Just a beautiful tunic!

William Kramer
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

There are more awards than the DK that could be worn on that pocket, such as the Spanish Cross, so why is everyone assuming it was the DK?

Rich
                Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                Decorations of Germany

Comment

nco school tunic

im not saying the loops on the right pocket were for a german cross, but how likely would it be that an infantry nco would have earned a spanish cross? i would refer to page 32 of the angolia book "for fuhrer and fatherland" where it lists the award criteria for a spanish cross.
                  the odds are it was a german cross more so than a spanish cross , which is in the end only speculaton on anyones part since there is no name label in the tunic to point to any german cross winner or other award winner.
                  but i kind of doubt the infantry nco was a member of legion condor,served on the batleship Deutschland, or served 3 consecutive months in spanish waters as mentioned in the award criteria.
                  now i just need to find a picture of someone wearing this exact uniform at the nco school ! i only purchased the uniform as i liked its quality,and the shoulder boards looked interesting, plus i havent seen too many nco tunics set up for screw back awards as this one is. regards,,mike leone dds

Comment

I'm not saying it was a SC either but I just was asking why no one was considering it as a possibility considering 26088 of all grades were awarded (excluding those with diamonds) which is almost as many as the DKiG. I would image many of those heer veterans went on to become career NCO's so it is just as viable a possibility, that's all.

Hopefully your research will discover more.

It does look to be a stunning tunic though and in any case a very nice addition to any collection.
                    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                    Decorations of Germany

Comment

I spoke with Mike about the insignia off the WAF, and I mentioned that perhaps the NCO could have been a machine gun instructor at the US, hence the gothic "m". Just a thought...

Don

Comment

nco school uniform

just as long as no one suggests the" M " stands for Michigan! as an Ohio State grad, i would have to sell the tunic immediately

Comment

Originally posted by michael leone View Post
                          just as long as no one suggests the" M " stands for Michigan! as an Ohio State grad, i would have to sell the tunic immediately
                          It is for Michigan. I would like to buy the tunic.

William Kramer
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X