No announcement yet.

my first - hope not last - Panzer wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice would also be to let it as it is. The sotache was period removed and I always try to preserve the historical condition as good as possible. But of course you can do what you want with your hat.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
      My advice would also be to let it as it is. The sotache was period removed and I always try to preserve the historical condition as good as possible. But of course you can do what you want with your hat.

When I get this cap it was completly stipped of. there was no eagle and cocarde on it - and I restore them back.

If I restore insignia, then why I couldn't restore soutache too ??

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzer View Post

And my question - maybe someone have overseas cap with original applied soutache in the same style like was on my cap ?
        Czesc!!

Yes, there was an SS pio cap on estand one week ago with the same style.

Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzer View Post
          When I get this cap it was completly stipped of. there was no eagle and cocarde on it - and I restore them back.

If I restore insignia, then why I couldn't restore soutache too ??
          Why most of the panzersoldier removed it during the war. Since this is period done, I always let it in this condition. The reason why most of the sidecaps today have a soutache is, because it was restored by collectors (my opinion). Interestingly the rare branches are more often seen than ordinary colours like white and red. If you dont believ me have a look at dealers sites.

When i restore something i always try to hit the May 1945 condition, not more and not less. But thats only my opinion.
          Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 06-27-2012, 02:52 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Yes

I belive You - and I know the reason why soutache was removed

but as I wrote, eagle and cocarde was removed too - and it was done afther the war. Soutache could be removed afther the war with eagle and cocarde too.

Comment

here, close to yours i think...
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X