No announcement yet.

Beamten / Official attached to the OKH/OKW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all I am not assuming anything. Assuming (Assume = Ass - u - me) anything has a tendancy to come back and bite a person in the rear..... The reason for this thread is that I was not convinced that the tabs shown were correct!

I am starting to lean in favor that they are, however I would like to see more definitive proof that they were authorised tabs. A photo in wear would be awesome. After all we require absolute proof for all other asspects of this hobby!

Diane Schriber feels that they are authentic but unauthorized, and were worn by the senior Official in the OKH.

The construction of the tabs looks consistent with period pieces, however they are the only pair ever seen to my knowledge, and there is no mention (at least not found to date) of them in any of the accepted reference works available to date.

My intent is to troll thru my period publications - Allgemeine Heeresmitteilungen 1934 -1945, Heeres-Verordnungsbaltt's 1934 -1945, Sammlung von Heersverwaltungs-Verfugungen,, and the Uniform-Markt periodicals 1934 -1945, I have also been reaserching all reference to the general staff and the HV in the volumnes of "Die Wehrmacht im Dritten Reich".

I am coming to the end of a 14 day hitch at work and will be off next week. I am not the best at German and Fraktur is even harder for me to read, being tierd after 12 hour shifts does not help any either.....

Many thanks for your help Kapitein
    Last edited by Laurence Strong; 03-31-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Sorry the initial poster of this post was assuming things... You dont do this...!? Lets find some proof!
      Probably many HV officers in the OKH were working in the Amtsgruppe Allgemeine Wehrmachtsangelegenheiten dept. (English: Office Group for General Wehrmacht Affairs) This was one of the many divisions in the Wehrmacht High Command.
      In 1938-1939 it was designated the Wehrwirtschaftsstab (Military Economy Staff).

The higher level carrier officers wore carmine and the golden tabs.
      The amount of teeth could be old style preference or something personal?
      Or it could be made in such a way officialy to distinguish OKH and OKW HV-officers from other branches wearing carmine nebenfarbe aswell?

This is assuming things ofcourse...
      (Hope it does not bite too hard...)
      Kapitein

Comment

Question
        Would higher cereer level beamten HV attached to OKW or OKW as staff wear red carmine strips on their trousers aswell?
        Pics?
        Kapitein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X