Beamten / Official attached to the OKH/OKW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beamten / Official attached to the OKH/OKW

I have this collar tabs in my collection that I attribute to Official attached to the OKH/OKW. Of course I can be wrong...

the Schlicht/Angolia book describe them as keeping "Kolberstikerei" with Carmine piping. It don't precise the number of teeth of the stickerei but a he refers to the same regulation as the OKH Officer one and as it has same purpose, I suppose it is the same design embroidery as OKH officers...

Just to had to this assumption, if it wasn't the same specific tabs no way to distinguish them from other many branches for the Heersverwaltung using the carmine too. then few interest but of course only my supposition.
    ( Even more that for the middle & lower ranks their tabs remains same but coloured in Gold instead of silver to distinguish them)

Has someone any official text being more precise ? Has someone an original copy of the HM42 Nr. 979
    As a book is a book with possible errors or not precise statements, a copy of the regulation will be an help/

Has someone an other explanation for the fist tab I picture ?

Pics .
    1 . The Tab
    2 . Angolia/Schlicht book
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wvdparis2; 11-12-2011, 10:50 AM.

as a comparison,

3 . Officer of the OKW/OKH
    4 . "Common" Beamten official with carmine piping
    Attached Files

Comment

What page is that on? I am going thru my Heeresverwaltungs Taschenbuch 1941/42 at the momment.

On further reflection I am coming to the conclusion I am wrong in calling it a tab for the RWM, RKM etc. However I am still adament that it is not a tab for use in the HV. I have yet to see any direction or visual evidence that HV tabs will have more than the authorised 7 teeth to the litzen.

Even in the Weimar/early 3rd Reich single litzen had 7 teeth

Photo curtesy of the "The old Suter's uniforms & stuff"
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=12721&page=12
      Attached Files

Comment

Well I must say you now have me intrigued, the wording is such that it would lend credence to what you suggest.
        This would be a monumental find

Give me a while as I have an idea where we might find the order......gonna have to buy another book

Comment

Hi

I have found the pertinent order and will post it after work tonight. I am working till next week, when I start my week off and won't have time to translate it till then.

later
          Larry

Comment

Posted the wrong stuff, will fix tonight
            Last edited by Laurence Strong; 03-28-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Laurence Strong; 03-28-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

violet nebenfarbe admin

Laurence
                OK read this just now and deleted my comments...
                Kapitein

Comment

I appologize to all, I had a massive brain fart at lunch, and posted the wrong material. Here is the Allgemeinen Heeresmittelungen 979, 1942 Heft 27.

Again I will not see days of till next week and time to translate this is not happening. If someone cares to do it, it would be much appreciated. However i think we need to figure out what order this one superceded.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to all for any help

later
                        Larry
                        Attached Files

Comment

Post 10 ref 2B : ndeed confirms that Beampten in higher rank wear golden tabs with Carmine 2nd color Nebenfarbe when attached to OKH-OKW.
                          This confirms the use of shown tabs.
                          (I do believe that field grade Bishops and Vetenarians with Beampten HV-status also wore Carmine as Nebenfarbe color next to green backing and gold wire!)
                          Interesting!
                          Thanks!
                          Kapitein

Comment

Originally posted by kapitein View Post
                            Post 10 ref 2B : ndeed confirms that Beampten in higher rank wear golden tabs with Carmine 2nd color Nebenfarbe when attached to OKH-OKW.
                            This confirms the use of shown tabs.
                            (I do believe that field grade Bishops and Vetenarians with Beampten HV-status also wore Carmine as Nebenfarbe color next to green backing and gold wire!)
                            Interesting!
                            Thanks!
                            Kapitein
                            Yes but do the tabs have seven teeth or thirteen teeth?

Comment

I would tend to agree that your assumption is correct, a HV officer attached to OKH OKW would indeed have a 13 teath tab which is usual for this position instead of 7 teath which is the norm for other Higher level HV carrier beambten. Interesting!
                              Kapitein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X