Heer M42 NCO tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer M42 NCO tunic

A collecting buddy of mine let me know that one of his old friends was selling his WW2 collection from many years ago. Knowing I collect Heer, he offered up those items to me. I bought this BEAUTIFUL M42 tunic and late war M43 cap out of the collection and am really thrilled!

The tunic is a legit NCO -- most in collections around the world are humped up. This one is legit. The Propagandakompanie boards were put on by me.

What is interesting is the breast eagle. Not only is it sewn on in the late war fashion, but it was sewn THRU the lining. Normally I'd think it was a error in restoration but that eagle has been on there FOREVER and I'm curious to hear your opinions about it. The cap will be posted in the appropriate section. Enjoy!
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

last one
      Attached Files

Comment

I really love the style of the jacket!

Comment

Nice-looking example! Heer national emblems originally sewn through the lining are quite common, despite what many might think. It would be nice to see close ups of the various insignia.

Comment

Looks like you scored a really nice tunic there! I'll echo the post about eagle's sewn through the lining, there are plenty of original examples sewn through the lining, just scan the cut off insignia thread, the the idea that birds weren't stitched through the lining is more a collector myth then reality. Thanks again for sharing this lovely tunic.

Comment

Earl,

what a beauty! Congrats on this sweet score, she is a killer for sure. The eagles are commonly sewn through the lining on many tunics, made the process much quicker and if they are settled into the wool I would say it is likely period done. Thanks for posting it. Matt

Comment

Thanks guys! More pics as per Mike's request. The tresse is very worn.
                Attached Files

Comment

You can't see the collar tab thread on the reverse!?!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice clean tunic. I also agree Eagles sewn through the linings for late tunics are fairly common. The tabs are hand sewn and probably were repositioned when the tress was added by the wearer.

Comment

Sharp sir, very sharp!

What a lucky bit to fall into THIS set! Absolutely wonderful tunic (and cap)!!! I really like the eagle, and i'd definitely say its been period done. Congrats!

-Jeremy

Comment

Pretty cool !!

Comment

great jacket!
                          thread sewn through the lining completely r common but its ok to see eagle sewn just the top then hand sewn the rest!

Comment

Nice jacket
                            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Very nice late war tunic !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X