dak breast eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
    I just bought one for 95 USD but they are being sold for much more than that now. People are trying to get $250 USD or more.
    You were lucky. I don't like the prices of these nowadays either but what can you do? My most recent was only $100 with a small photo grouping from North Africa but I won't hold my breath on finding another at that price anytime soon.

Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Not lucky, just not in a hurry to pay dumb arse prices.

Comment

Agreed. Patience is key to finding this stuff. What's the rush?? That's the battle - resisting temptation...
        Johnny, look forward to any images. No Pressure!
        Mark.

Comment

Thanks guys for the pms cheers Dave

Comment

Here are my 2 tunic removed examples. I also have been shocked at how expensive these are, considering they are relatively common.

All of mine were reasonably priced, thanks to the sellers.

Jerry
            Attached Files

Comment

I just bought one for 95 USD but they are being sold for much more than that now. People are trying to get $250 USD or more. I remember seeing about 15 CM diameter rolls of them at shows in the 1970s for 5 USD each
              Some sites have them offered for over $415.00.

-Ray-

Comment

I have paid up to around 250 for a couple of really awesome ones but I max out at the 150 point. I have a few lying around incase I am in need. They are actually rather common, its just that everyone tries to hype them up as DAK eagles blah blah blah. They are wonderful birds but way over priced as are a lot of things in this hobby as of recent. Matt

Comment

Well i eventually landed them but ended up paying quite a lot , the seller tho did then throw in all his fathers bits he had aswell so lightened the load, he told me he fought in africa and italy where he fought at monte cassino which he said was the worst experience of the war for him, rgds and thanks again everybody Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it was a nice lot of stuff. Matt

Comment

Two tunic removed

Here are two I have left-
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sscrooge,
                        Glad you got the joblot!
                        Johnny - Nice two eagles. Interesting to see the two different application methods...
                        Very nice eagles
                        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
                          Sscrooge,
                          Glad you got the joblot!
                          Johnny - Nice two eagles. Interesting to see the two different application methods...
                          Very nice eagles
                          Mark
                          Thanks, I think the top one may be later. The lower one was reportedly from a lot of US insignia and some odds and ends but there was no story.

Comment

Thanks, I think the top one may be later. The lower one was reportedly from a lot of US insignia and some odds and ends but there was no story.
                            Johnny,
                            It certainly is. The weave is a cotton/rayon blend. The all machine sewn application is another clue.
                            Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X