EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volkssturm Armband On White Fabric - Opinions Please - Estate Find - First For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle, nice original Volksstrum variation armband.... the chevron is NOT tropical, it's for the HBT Drill tunics..... Tropical are much differant.
    John G.
    Mainemilitaria

Comment

Hello everyone,

Reading this post I never realised that white Volksturm armbands were so rare or varied in their design and construction.

Here are some pictures of yet another style of white armband, one which I cannot see elsewhere on the forum. It was brought back from Germany by my grandfather at the end of the war. Its construction is very rough and basic.

The armband is unissued and not yet sewn together at the ends. It has always been stored folded flat in the same box as my grandfather's medals. He didn't bring much back with him so this seems an unusual oddity to have kept.

Matthew
      Attached Files

Comment

And a couple of shots of the back:
        Attached Files

Comment

And finally some close ups of the markings:
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a new one for me!! Odd to have a stamp. It looks to say Deutscher Volkssturm on the top? Bottom row looks to say kreis and something that starts with an F? Thanks for sharing this one. Great to have something brought back by family and such a rarer type! That leaves me to 6 certainly authentic types that I have seen with these types here as some of them....
            Last edited by kyles bullets; 12-02-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Forgot the images lol von't include one of the standard type...

Comment

also the HJ band made into a volkssturm. This one here is from the past Hermann Historica Auction....
                Attached Files

Comment

Blast from the past. Thanks for bring up Kyle. The one in the drawing has a horizontal line on edges (minor detail), but is very close.
                  Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
                    Blast from the past. Thanks for bring up Kyle. The one in the drawing has a horizontal line on edges (minor detail), but is very close.
                    I noticed this after. Also I found one that is like it but has a red border and is paper

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X