No announcement yet.

M43 tunic, blood stained.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's how you write history...a terrible injury becomes a wet battery stain....

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
      That's how you write history...a terrible injury becomes a wet battery stain....

Carles
      No, that is how you expose a fake or identify a cause. A dry cell suffered a terrible injury. This is not blood and nothing to do with history.

Comment

My example:

Comment

Inside:

Comment

Hi all,

I found this tunic with similar types of stains. If not blood, then what? It sort of looks like ground-in dirt or some other biological fluid? who knows without a lab testing it first.

On this example, it seems like the wool nap has been affected by the stain?

Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are some additional pictures.
              Attached Files

Comment

More of the same
                Attached Files

Comment

More
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm not an SS collector so I won't guess on the originality of this tunic though it seems like a nice, used M40/41 tunic with added green collar.

Best regards, Steve
                    Attached Files

Comment

First one in thread appears like a leaking or broken bottle of iodine to me. May have been in the shirt pocket, or just spilled .

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                        First one in thread appears like a leaking or broken bottle of iodine to me. May have been in the shirt pocket, or just spilled .
                        That is a good guess as well and it could also effect the rayon.

Comment

Well if you had some Luminol(sp) and sprayed it on the stain if it was blood it would definately show that it was

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X