If is real is an amazing discover .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickG View Post
    Items that were at the very top of the TSD chest actually show signs of mildew, the rest was protected as it was lower in the bottom of the chest , covered with clothes
    so much better protected than lets saw unprotected stacks of wehrpas documents...
    Nick I appreciate your enthusiasm and apparent obsession with the draw tool in "Paint" but I am a pessimist. I am not buying the bridge based on what is presented.

As is almost the case on these threads, there is not enough information/evidence to answer these questions one way or the other and it becomes basically a matter of what you choose to believe.

IMO a situation like that is a waste of time however entertaining. If more evidence and pictures are presented wonderful otherwise it is out there with UFOs and Sea Monsters.

Comment

and I respect your opinion as a professional archeologist Johnny R!
      but my opinion remains that weather proof storage boxes can do an amazing job with the preservation of artifacts...
      not something you would run into while excavating Mayan sites in Mexico! (your forte)
      To each his own opinion!
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
        and I respect your opinion as a professional archeologist Johnny R!
        but my opinion remains that weather proof storage boxes can do an amazing job with the preservation of artifacts...
        not something you would run into while excavating Mayan sites in Mexico! (your forte)
        To each his own opinion!
        Thanks
        I do not work with the Maya, contrary to what most Americans think there were many other proud cultures in existence aside from the the Aztec, Lakota and Maya of Hollywood fame. I married a Mixe-Zoque. 50% of what I do for a living is compliance work on 19th and 20th century Historical sites with materials ranging from shipwrecks to outhouses on 1940s farmsteads. That does not prove or disprove anything, I am only saying after many digs this level of preservation would be fantastic. As I said before this is a leap of faith (and a waste of time) without more information.

Comment

Now we have a Google Earth image of them from 1944 burying the box so I have been converted, he could never have done it alone.
          Attached Files

Comment

UFOs, Sea Monsters and TSD chests...... at last! I always knew there was a connection with nazi's and ufos... On a serious note I would like to believe that these boxes are dug up from time to time but this one just seems a bit off to me. I would expect to see more degredation of the box itself, afterall this thing is dug out of soil and the outside should have been exposed to a lot of moisture. I do have to give it to Nick on the box though, only thing is that perhaps they dug it at another site or got it from a barn and set it up... I find myself torn on the whole thing but leaning more to it being BS. JMHO. Matt

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            Nick I appreciate your enthusiasm and apparent obsession with the draw tool in "Paint" but I am a pessimist. I am not buying the bridge based on what is presented.

As is almost the case on these threads, there is not enough information/evidence to answer these questions one way or the other and it becomes basically a matter of what you choose to believe.

IMO a situation like that is a waste of time however entertaining. If more evidence and pictures are presented wonderful otherwise it is out there with UFOs and Sea Monsters.

Comment

If I found a cat in a car of a Mall parking lot would it be correct to assume that the cat drove the car there? This is sort of what is happening, the box is period, things in the box are period, so the collective find must be real. It does not work that way.

It is possible, but it also is very unlikely. Knowing more about where it was "found " and the details of it etc. could serve to resolve this. As is almost always is the case with arguments all that is being reasserted is opinions without facts. Need more key information.

Comment

Johnny,

I fully agree. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                  I do have to give it to Nick on the box though, only thing is that perhaps they dug it at another site or got it from a barn and set it up... I find myself torn on the whole thing but leaning more to it being BS. JMHO. Matt
                  Here's what a mint one looks like for the sake of studying these boxes.
                  If its a hoax and indeed staged they did their homework making it believable as its one of the best waterproof storage/transportation boxes ("transportkiste") out there, with a waterproof seal gasket and two tight fastening latches...
                  This one is 1942 dated and mint...

These are basically the equivalent of a US footlocker (but way better, not wood...built like a tank!) and like the US types allows for the placement of a tray, which protects the goods at the very bottom of the chest even more!
                  I'm sure the "dug up" one had a tray as well (another layer of protection)which helps preserving fragile items (cigars, papers etc...)

but agreed I am the gullable type though...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 02-23-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

A close up of these heavy duty chests, note edging, reenforcement stampings, built like a tank, and heavy duty latch mechanism that tightens the lid gasket of these Wehrmacht "universalkiste" or "transportkiste".

These are very sturdy thick boxes, note reenforcement "X"s on all panels, even the bottom! Could last a longtime underground...
                    I still would like to believe its not a hoax... but indeed hard to prove!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 02-23-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I am Legend

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X