http://www.detektorweb.cz/index.4me?...mm=3&xb=1&vd=1

Here is what several members think.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=tsd

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

thanks, glenn

Comment

I think its real. Its not an iron box.. its aluminium and it had a rubber seal on the inside.
        It happend before, remember the Kompanie HQ box full of SS documents, mostly Wehrpässe (all from 6./SS-Freiw. Gren. Rgt. 86 of division "30 Januar").
        The SS box was exacly the same model box! only it was a differend color.
        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
          I think its real. Its not an iron box.. its aluminium and it had a rubber seal on the inside.
          It happend before, remember the Kompanie HQ box full of SS documents, mostly Wehrpässe (all from 6./SS-Freiw. Gren. Rgt. 86 of division "30 Januar").
          The SS box was exacly the same model box! only it was a differend color.
          I agree! Same scenario! I never had any doubts myself. If fragile documents survived underground, so would the uniform items and personal effects of this WH medical officer.
          Awesome find from a few years back! It should stay together and be displayed together!
          Hope it does!

Comment

I was wondering where that thread had gone to.

Not to start the whole thing over again, but I think that it's plausible that this was a real find.

Comment

I wanna believe it, getting my shovel now and heading out to the back yard to see what I can find.

Dreams can come true!
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mvm71 View Post
                I wanna believe it, getting my shovel now and heading out to the back yard to see what I can find.

Dreams can come true!
                Mike
                Since you are digging in the US I will save you some time-

Does anyone know where this was found, the specific location/town area etc. I strive to be crucified again for doing math.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'd take a trip to Russia just to get in on some of these digs that we have seen over the years. The thrill of finding a German bunker or fighting position and uncovering what is inside would be worth the trip.

Thanks
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mvm71 View Post
                    I'd take a trip to Russia just to get in on some of these digs that we have seen over the years. The thrill of finding a German bunker or fighting position and uncovering what is inside would be worth the trip.

Thanks
                    Mike
                    If it's real: WOW
                    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

The tunic is NOT medical! It is TSD!

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                        The tunic is NOT medical! It is TSD!

Don
                        What does TSD stand for?
                        sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

TSD = Truppensonderdienst. When Beamte were moved into regular Wehrmacht postings late in the war.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                            TSD = Truppensonderdienst. When Beamte were moved into regular Wehrmacht postings late in the war.

Don
                            After 22 April 1944, that is another reason it would be helpful to know where this was found. The old HV rank is used on the Feldpost but matches the tunic for the TSD Hauptmann.

Comment

My bad, yeah indeed TSD! A late war Administrative branch! So not medical!

The difference between the two shown here;
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 02-21-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X