Original WWII Boots??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny
    What can you tell us about original laces for boots (both low and highh lace ups)? Cloth? Leather? Tips to the laces? Colors? etc. This is an area I do not believe I know enough about and as this is your speciality, I am curious what you can teach in this regard.
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
      Manny
      What can you tell us about original laces for boots (both low and highh lace ups)? Cloth? Leather? Tips to the laces? Colors? etc. This is an area I do not believe I know enough about and as this is your speciality, I am curious what you can teach in this regard.
      Laces for M37 low boots were originally made of black cotton with iron tips to them.Black cotton laces were also used with tropical footwear, though I've found two pairs of LW "flap-over"high boots with leather laces original to them.....one of those pair had even been blackened by the owner with a burnt cork to make the boots look like as if they were fully made of leather!Berschuhe usually had leather laces(found a few with off-white robust cotton laces though),late M37 can be found with laces made of black or brown cotton or animal fiber(with iron tips) and all the mint M44 I have found had leather laces,but they can also be found with cotton/animal fiber ones.The reason why M37 have always cotton laces has to be found in the hooks...they're so narrow that only a thin cotton lace can pass!
      Thank you for your kind words and for your confidence Scott,but I only humbly report what I have seen and I'm surely not the one who can teach anything to anyone...rather the opposite;I've still got a lot to learn and I'm doing that thanks to this great forum!
      Hope it helps anyway!
      Manny

Comment

This is very helpful, Manny. Thanks. I will print this and tuck it away. Certainly more than I ever knew on the subject.
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X