Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Opinions on Black Leather Greatcoat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the photos Dzyner.

The button view didnt help, sorry.

The press stud shot was fine but do you have a photo of the female end too?

With regard to the pockets I meant inside them, not just under the flap. You will need to turn the lining inside out to check.

Thanks

Comment

David,

As far as the pockets, aside from the two slits you see there are no holes or rips in either of the pockets that I can find.

Here are photos of the female stud receiver....

Comment

Stoko is now owned by YKK but it was in BRD near Wupperthal (nice girls there 30 years ago). They still are in business. The buckle and stamping again make me think it may be later.

Comment

Hi Johnny,

Was Stocko only post war, or were they wartime and post war manufacturers? Can you please clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
            Hi Johnny,

Was Stocko only post war, or were they wartime and post war manufacturers? Can you please clarify?
            No they are a company that is about 100 years old.

Comment

The hardware such as snaps, buckles , dagger support strap
              + the remnants of removed shoulderboard loops & buttons (BIG POSSITIVE REVELATION)
              and lining materials used are ALL very good indicators that its a period piece.
              To me it has a very good possibility of being a Third Reich era... Definately not civilian...
              possibly military use, but its obviously not your standard gray colored military leather coat....
              its black...so probably para-military... Black for SS or SD use? DRK??

For comparison purposes, here's my brother's standard armed forces leather great coat in proper gray color (direct German vet acquisition, shoulderboards original to the coat!)
              Note also much larger collar!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 10-18-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks NickG! Nice collection your brother has! I can only assume that yours is nicer

I've been trying to find authentic examples online and am not having much success. You mentioned in an earlier post you think the buttons are DRK, but you think they could also be SS or SD having the fine pebbling??

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
                  Thanks NickG! Nice collection your brother has! I can only assume that yours is nicer

I've been trying to find authentic examples online and am not having much success. You mentioned in an earlier post you think the buttons are DRK, but you think they could also be SS or SD having the fine pebbling??
                  Yes on both!
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=179973

Comment

That's quite the collection NickG! Took me about an hour to go through it and I'm still not finished looking

If you every want to donate any of that to a super cool fellow collector just let me know

Comment

NickG,

FYI - I spoke with the gentleman I purchased this from and he said he purchased it at a military auction. He said the description of the item at the auction was that its a "black allgemeine ss leather coat", which confirms your thoughts.

So my next question... since I have not been able to find one of these to compare to online (at least not a real one), what would you estimate the value is of this coat, considering the missing shoulder boards (but also considering there is evidence they were there at one time)? I'm not looking to sell, since everything I buy goes into my personal collection. I'm just curious.

Comment

Why don't you put it in the SS area, maybe they can help you sort it out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X