No announcement yet.

General der Infanterie Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The insignias fits goot together also to the condition of the tunic.
    Very nice general officer waffenrock.

Cheers,
    steiner99

Comment

Outstanding display Don,i hope that you can reveal the name of the owner of this waffenrock

Comment

Don, is that tower fan an Optimus F-7414 in coffee tan?

Comment

I dunno, John - I shoplifted it from WalMart last year...

Comment

ba carefull about the general tunic, the arty waffenrock and service tunic was the same model, if you add gold buttons and the good insignas...look the stitching.

Comment

Although this would certainly not be disqualifying by itself, I would have expected, on a General's dress tunic, that the "base" for the screw posts for the shoulder boards would have been covered by the tailor with a small circle of cloth, rather than just be "nakedly" sewn to the tunic.

Comment

Good point, Leroy. I have several Holter's Waffenrocks that have the wool covering on the screw posts. And we all know to buy the item, not the story. Here's some scans of the tabs, per Richard's request:
                Attached Files

Comment

X
                  Attached Files

Comment

Don,

Thank you very much, I have some bad news...this is actually a very high quality Halloween costume. I am willing to bail you out of it for what you paid, as I do need a new costume this year. That's what forum friends are for.

Very nice Don, that is one uniform I am missing. I had one lined up with 3 other uniforms (including panzer wrap), caps and pants but the guy was a diamonds KC winner and I just couldn't swing the funds. Congratulations,

Richard

Comment

Actually, Richard, I was planning on wearing this to my niece's Bat Mitzvah next week. Thanks for the kind words!

Don

Comment

OK, enough with the suspense. General der Infanterie Erich Heinrich Clößner, KC in 1940 as commander of the 25.Infanterie Division, later commander of the XII and later IX Armeekorps. If anyone has any information or items relating to General Clößner, I would certainly be interested in them!

I did a little surgery on the mannequin to bring the arms more into line with the tunic:

Don
                        Attached Files

Comment

The tunic looks quite good and with a early type shoulderboards, "a la WW1" pattern. the collar tabs looks wonderfull in their craftmaship and detail and the care of aplication to the collar, all the insignia have a quite uniform patina and do not looks to be a "pieces" assembly....in my VERY personal opinion.

As stated before by other members, the Heer red piped waffenrock/tunics could easily be converted to a general rank, but is my very personal opinion that this one looks quite convincing for a prime candidate to an all original period piece.

Comment

Hi Don

I must confess that General waffenrocks and piped tunics make me nervous. I would like to know when Erich Heinrich Clößner was he promoted to Generalmajor. I would like to see gold bullion sb and collar boards in a pre 1942 tunic.

good luck

Juan

Comment

Hi Juan -

You have every reason to be suspicoius as next to SS itemsI think General's uniform items are the most humped. Clößner made Generalmajor in October 1937.

Don
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice photo, very interesting arrangement of his medals on the pocket...can't say I've seen that exact placement before.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X