No announcement yet.

Heer HTB mg 52 tunic for review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I don't know much about Polizei uniforms - someone else will know more.

The weave does look a lot like the old Bundeswehr Moleskin - I can read Rastatt on the stamp but not the name above (perhaps with a better picture we could read it)
    Attached Files

Comment

Pak 75 the police eagle is a well known reproduction

Comment

I usually stay out of this section of the forum as I am a police only guy, but since the subject matter pertains I will toss my 2 cents into the mix.

In my humble opinion both tunics shown are post war. The 2nd tunic has had the top two button holes added and has the top button sewn down on the wrong side of the lapel (?). As mentioned above the police sleeve eagle is of a type commonly reproduced, and the backing cloth on it appears to be incorrect.

All in all, two dealer put togethers using early post war tunics and a mix of good and bad insignia. I could be wrong on the 2nd shown, but again these 4 button open collar tunics saw VERY limited use during the TR Zeit, mainly by the SD, and I usually dismiss them without very convincing provenance or markings etc.

Respectfully submitted,
        W.Unland
        Last edited by W.Unland; 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I agree...not very promising I'm afraid but some of the insignia is salvageable...
          I think that its best to avoid such open neck tunics (both examples),
          regardless of how attractive the insignia is on these...(some good some bad)
          The PO 1942 stamp could have easily been added to fool somebody...

I only trust such uniforms in this color if the material is HBT (and closed neck)
          or if the material is grunmeliert (Polizei mottled cloth...similar to LW 1st pattern jump smock material,
          those are fine also, again closed neck pattern is a must)
          I like the 2nd tunic more than the first but I strongly suspect that both are still wannabees...
          Last edited by NickG; 05-24-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

So if i read wright i could give the tunic the reason of doubt. only the polizei badge is fake then?
            Well if this a repro made of old tunics and miw of insignia its sure nicely done
            what about the trousers then?
            Anyway its gonna leave a mark anyhow,since i paid quite some money for
            but i gonna sell it as a copy,ore reason of doubt tunic
            i would like to have some more input,here so i am sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by pak 75 View Post
              So if i read wright i could give the tunic the reason of doubt. only the polizei badge is fake then?
              Well if this a repro made of old tunics and miw of insignia its sure nicely done
              what about the trousers then?
              Anyway its gonna leave a mark anyhow,since i paid quite some money for
              but i gonna sell it as a copy,ore reason of doubt tunic
              i would like to have some more input,here so i am sure of it.
              Post it in the Polizei section for more input! (that's really where it belongs!)
              So the top (highest) button hole looks period factory done?
              It does show a neck closure hook, how does it look with the top button closed?
              Does it close nicely? If it does not close well.... its been monkeyed with....
              Is that a button on the wrong side of the lapel? (like Bill already observed-commented on)
              Last edited by NickG; 05-25-2010, 01:59 AM.

Comment

maybe if i have time tommorow i wil try to take some better pictures.
                ore this week and put it in polizei section.
                one thing i see is that the added button,are certainly done by tailor
                The way how the butonhole is sewed is certainly done like al other wh tunics
                Anyway,i will take better pics and hope for the best,if not well
                then i am a bit disappointed im myself and it would be the first and hopefully the last time i have been burned.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X