The SOS Show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic!

Mike - fantastic additions to your collection and ditto on the photography. A pleasure to look at it and vicariously enjoy!

Best Regards,

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Mike H View Post
      Johnny,

I knew what you meant. Always nice to have such a photo but probably nearly impossible. If I were to buy a General's, I would certainly like to have that as one of my criteria -- but that may be easier as Generals were so highly photographed compared to lower-ranking troops.

That said, perhaps there are some stashed away with families today. I hope they surface one day. I remember buying a Waffenrock that a friend in Germany acquired from the family. It included a lot of paperwork with it, which made it particularly nice to have. The one thing the family held back was a portrait of the young man wearing this very tunic. It never made it with the rest of the stuff and I never got a scan. That would have been quite something to have.

In any event, you came through loud and clear and thanks for the comments.

Mike
      Thanks Mike, I know that you understood. I meant people telling me to read Tim and Neils book etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X