No announcement yet.

Eagle Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wreaths and the swastika look very thin especially the middle eagle. I was thinking that may be unterlagen she is working on and we are seeing the cardboard. That is why I suggested silver bullion. 3 is about the most you could do at a time by hand. Maybe a days work. The other option would be eagles embroidered in white thread, these are often not very well done and have an unknown origin. There are early ones that date tothe early 30s but also later examples that are IMO not well made. That also is why I would like to see the film or more photos.

Comment

The Lodz Ghetto was totally sealed from the outside world and a fairly significant amount of material was produced there, under very desperate and ruthless circumstances. An very interesting book and background on this is at the link below...

http://www.amazon.com/Ghettostadt-Lo...65&sr=1-4#noop

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
      I wish more details were available ie. if they did this to supplement income or were forced too etc. I have a friend who has said his grandfather was a tailor in Poland and was forced to make uniform items during the War but he cannot explain much beyond that.

Comment

rare glimpse at the reality behind much of this stuff...child slave labor
        Well maybe your NIKE sneakers are also made by children in Asia. Don't forget that Child labor is still existing , and so does Ghettos, like Gaza.

I have seen that pic before..
        Anyway thanks for sharing

Comment

Although I can not comment on the production of insignia, I know of slave labourers working for the German Textile Industry. The factory I am referring to was a sub-plant of the E.Reitz factory, located in Vilna. The supply of laborers, coming from the local Ghetto, was under strict supervision of the Waffen-SS. The main task of the (mostly female) slave labourers at the Vilna/Vilnius plant of the E.Reitz-Uniformwerke was mending and repairing tunics.The same goes for Hebert Meier's factory.

Major Plagge is not to be forgotten here, as he - by 'offering' the Jewish inhabitants of the Vilnius Ghetto a job as a forced labourer - gave these people more chances to make it through the war. I am by no means glorifying slave labourship, let alone the Nazi-Regime, but just summing up the facts, being that the slave labourers in Vilnius had the best chance to survive the war, just because of the fact that they were forced to work for the German Textile Industry. Contradiction in terminis so it seems...

Best,
          Vincent S.

Comment

Child Labor

This is about more than child labor, bad as it is. These people were working in a desparate effort not to be shipped off to physical extermination. It's a good idea to keep politics out of these forums, but since some want to inject it, a response is necessary and fair...

Any comparison between the Lodz ghetto and Gaza is ridiculous to the point that one has to wonder about the motivations of the person trying to make it. At very best, it could only be made from a complete ignorance of what happened in Lodz and why it happened. Gaza is part of an ongoing conflict. The people running Gaza are, by their own admittance, out to destroy Israel. The Jewish population of Lodz was not at war with Nazis/Germans, only at their total mercy. It was all about Nazi racial policies and extermination.

Get real and get an education (by reading the book I suggested in an earlier post.)

Originally posted by carlsson1982 View Post
            Well maybe your NIKE sneakers are also made by children in Asia. Don't forget that Child labor is still existing , and so does Ghettos, like Gaza.

I have seen that pic before..
            Anyway thanks for sharing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X