Eagle Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle Factory

Here's a girl in the Lodz Ghetto, working on hand embroidering Wehrmacht eagles...................
    Attached Files

sad

Comment

What is the source of the photo?

Comment

Very rare photo Robin, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Foto

Fascinating photo; thank you for posting this. It is always interesting to see how something is made, especially for people who have and interest in cloth items.

Comment

I wish more details were available ie. if they did this to supplement income or were forced too etc. I have a friend who has said his grandfather was a tailor in Poland and was forced to make uniform items during the War but he cannot explain much beyond that.

Comment

rare glimpse at the reality behind much of this stuff...child slave labor.

Comment

We have family friends from Alsace (near Strassburg). When the Germans retreated in 1944, she and her mother were forced to wash the clothes for German Soldiers and received no compensation. She was ethnic French Alsatian.

Her future husband also a teenager in the same town, but ethnic German did not have such problems. So, would not expect this young girl from a Ghetto was receiving anything more than beets and bread as a ration.
                Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Robin, thanks for sharing this photo.

Ive never seen these, nor photos of other metal insignias being made at the factories. Does anyone have photos of the metalworking factories producing medals and insignias?

Comment

Robin - Does she look tethered? I see a band around her left arm and what looks like a tether.
                    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

I am sure there is a SS guy with jagged yellow teeth standing just out of the picture pointing a MP-40 at her head. This is why I asked for the source and more info. Inferences based on the image alone are unfounded. I would be very interested in knowing more but Robin seems to have planted a seed and left?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        I am sure there is a SS guy with jagged yellow teeth standing just out of the picture pointing a MP-40 at her head. This is why I asked for the source and more info. Inferences based on the image alone are unfounded. I would be very interested in knowing more but Robin seems to have planted a seed and left?

Pardon me for breathing!

Contrary to popular belief, I am not a performing monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                          Pardon me for breathing!
                          You are forgiven Chief Inspector, where did you pull this from? Before we drum up another War crimes trial based on conjecture was there a caption etc. ? This really not the industrial level or technology I would envision being a plot of labor exploition three eagles at a time. These were not issue items etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
                            Robin - Does she look tethered? I see a band around her left arm and what looks like a tether.

I see a bracelet and a seam on her skirt!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                              You are forgiven......
                              I didn't ask for forgiveness!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X