Tropical km pith shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
    I'm pretty sure these are dung - unless they're the ever-popular 'rare variation' or 'late-war' type! no markings. hoping against hope I reckon...
    type in km pith shield in our search function and you will come up with many original examples to compare to the km pith shields do not have the ridge on the outer edge of the shield
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

thanks a lot men!

tho I thought the other km features were just as important as 'borders': 1) their characteristic thinness/lightness vs. heer, and 2) the rounder bottoms vs. pointed.

Comment

ok well I'll e-stand them, hey why not!

Comment

To me the details on the Heer eagle doesnt seem as crisp as i would expect them.
          could they be a cast copy? For sure the TR had high standards and this wouldnt have gone through? JMO.

Comment

don't think so - they're thin brass, much lighter than standard heer plates and non-magnetic. the details isn;t there admittedly, but they don't seem cast to me.

2 more pix - see that the 'blurred' design exists from the mold too.

Originally posted by Military View Post
            To me the details on the Heer eagle doesn't seem as crisp as i would expect them.
            could they be a cast copy? For sure the TR had high standards and this wouldn't have gone through? JMO.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X