Tropical km pith shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical km pith shields

I'm pretty sure these are dung - unless they're the ever-popular 'rare variation' or 'late-war' type! no markings. hoping against hope I reckon...
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
          These are heer not Km.
          The nat colours looks fine, though I agree the eagle does look a bit strange.
          I would like to see better pics, but I think it's a worn early brass type. I've got more than a dozen shields and most of them don't have makers marks.

Comment

thanks jerry. please note the recesses of the eagle have 'gilt' and NOT black paint color as you expect for a heer eagle; and it looks like a factory finish not brass. (tho the base material may be brass - neither shield is magnetic).
            also, these shields are BOTH the correct km' flat' type, I mean they're thin and lightweight unlike the usual heer type.

more pix!
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

what made me dubious was the lack of detail on the eagle - tho of course I hope it's a good one. any other views ?? africasandman come in please...

Comment

Hi David the tri shied looks good maybe someone repainted it. I have never seen an eagle that soft in detail. It could be good but I would put a ? on that one. They are heer for sure. the KM shields do not have a border on the outside of the badge. Look at my other post there are a few on it. On another note I have been collecting piths and shields for many wears and have never seen a eagle with the tri A S marking. Maybe they are a matched set because tri A S never made the eagle shield. Just a long shot lets see if anyone can come up with an eagel with the tri A S maker. Dan

Comment

hello danp and thanks-
                        so the tri -colorshield is a GOOD unmarked km? that's a relief. yeah it seems like the red is too shiny - almost like fingernail polish (?) should I acetone it out?
                        as to the mark on the HEER tri-color, ken n. in his new helm book (p.405) shows this exact mark...
                        here's mine
                        Attached Files

Comment

did they come from the factory with these rotated pins??

Comment

As Danpower and I have stated, the shields are HEER, not KM, as they do have borders. The eagle does still look a bit odd, but here is one just sold on estand, - I assume its ok to post this pic - which is worn and a bit vague in detail.

Jerry
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by VonBond; 01-12-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X