Artillery summer / tropical officer tunic for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerry bond View Post
    No, the one I had was infantry with regiment numerals on the boards. I've got some piccys if I am allowed to post them if anyones interested. I'm very new member so dont know whats allowed. read the rules perhaps
    Yes, of course you can

Jack

Comment

Well

I have not recieved the tunic still, but i have just got this pics from the boards and breast eagle.... I´ll post more when arrived...

Jack
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Aubrey View Post
            Mark

You´ll get them for sure..

Just wondering why this tunic is not an atractive one for collectors. I can understand that a medical, administrative, fire police, railban and others can be no much atractive for collectors, but artillery?... I have been collecting the last 15 years and this is not a tunic that cames out ofently. I´d rather say that is a rare one. But just IMO.

Jack
            Most collectors seem to prefer issue items and the more "sexy" waffenfarbe. These lightweight tunics in price have usually been 1/2 or 2/3 of what they would be if they were wool service tunics etc. They are less collected as well because there are "no rules" for material or construction on these. As a result they are faked fairly often and more easily aged etc. than wool tunics.

Artillery is fairly common probably second to Infantry being the most often seen. Although desirable in my opinion as a branch and a combat arm, I would not say it is rare. Most people that discredit the branch do not understand what Artillery involves. They fought as Infantry in all the breakthroughs etc. and retreats. Certainly not an "easy job" I was involved with Artillery for many years and can attest to that.

Comment

Well

Jhony....Thanks a lot for your post.... I agree with you that artillery had a very hard job to do, with no doubs... And actually is not apreciated as it should be..... Perhaps becouse a lot of artillery items available for selling....

I must insist, i have been collecting a long time ago and this tunics don´t pop up ofently for selling. I will not discuss about its price but they are not easy to find. Specially in original untouched condition as i think this one is... 42" size is a good feature as well...

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X