Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery summer / tropical officer tunic for review

Hello

Thought that would be interesting to discuss this tunic.... Pics can´t be downloaded from the website so i´m posting the url .... Please, feel free to post your thinkings

Jack

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H040461.html

Looks to me like an original private purchase tunic. The late-war tabs are a neat feature. Artillerie is a common branch to find and that affects the desirability a little, although the unit numbers on the boards add some history. These lightweight private tailored tunics are not that popular with collectors but I think the price is not outrageous for this one, it looks very displayable. If the thread used to stitch the eagle appears to be the same thread used for the construction of the tunic, I think it has a chance of being just as it was during the war. I have seen similar tunics sold on the E-stand for less money but this dealer has a solid return policy and guarantee and is good to deal with, and of course a good deal always seems hard to find when you are looking for something specific (in my experience, anyway). If you like this one, go for it.

Comment

Chris

Thank you for your post.....

I like a lot this kind of tunics.... It even is a desiderable 42 size.... It has many good things for a collector...

Jack

Comment

seems a lot of money for this type of tunic. It looks genuine though, so how much is it worth to you?

Comment

Well....

Good question.....

How much would you pay for a 100% granted tunic?... 900€ for it is a fair price from my point of view....

Jack

Comment

IMO that is a fair price if everything is original. To me, the tabs and the eagle do not match the condition of the tunic and boards. They look mint.

Comment

I think the price is very reasonable - IF the insignia is period applied. Johnny's point regarding the bird's and litzen condition is well taken, but the photos might be deceptive in this respect. I'd like to see up behind the collar and the eagle's stitching from the rear before committing a more definitive opinion....
              Regards,
              Mark.

Comment

Well

Thank you all for posting in my thread....

I have actually bought the tunic from Peter. I´m posting all kind of pics as soon as i had recieved it.

Jack

Comment

Jack,
                  I look forward to seeing the photos - It's a very attractive tunic
                  Best Regards,
                  Mark

Comment

Mark

You´ll get them for sure..

Just wondering why this tunic is not an atractive one for collectors. I can understand that a medical, administrative, fire police, railban and others can be no much atractive for collectors, but artillery?... I have been collecting the last 15 years and this is not a tunic that cames out ofently. I´d rather say that is a rare one. But just IMO.

Jack
                    Last edited by Jack Aubrey; 10-29-2009, 04:37 AM.

Comment

It is a very good tunic, I used to have an infantry officers one a few years back. This type of tunic, the tailored summer field tunic will become more valuable, as the price/availability of tropical/Dak tunics will continue to be rarer and more expensive. In a short while it will seem like a bargain. Wish I had kept mine.

Comment

w

Comment

Wish it had 5 buttons...

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jerry bond View Post
                            It is a very good tunic, I used to have an infantry officers one a few years back. This type of tunic, the tailored summer field tunic will become more valuable, as the price/availability of tropical/Dak tunics will continue to be rarer and more expensive. In a short while it will seem like a bargain. Wish I had kept mine.
                            Jerry

Was this tunic yours?

Jack

Comment

No, the one I had was infantry with regiment numerals on the boards. I've got some piccys if I am allowed to post them if anyones interested. I'm very new member so dont know whats allowed. read the rules perhaps

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X