MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much extra should a photo ID'D tunic cost me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is me wearing the shorts I sold you Don. You should be able to get more for them now.
    Attached Files

Comment

You've lost weight, John...

Comment

Originally posted by B. Verstraeten View Post
        You should be more careful with making such threads. Threads like this can bring people / dealers on ideas. If people say thay would pay a $1000 or double more just because it is in wear on a photograph they would try to find a photograph to match with the tunic. As said always watch out with such threads..
        I'm 6237624323234% with you on this one and I'd suggest the mod(s) to delete this thread at once before a "tsunami" of tunic with pictures matched up to them will flood the market!
        My answer to our friend is "How long is a hank of twine?"
        Cheers
        Chris

Comment

I agree with Don. The only other exception would be some rare variation or modified tunic. regards Jim

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          Unless it was ID'd to the wearer in the photo and it was someone who was highly decorated (RK, DK, etc) or famous I don't see how a 50% markup is validated. That's just my opinion, but as has been said, with the quality of photography from the 1930's and 1940's, unless you have a dead solid lock on provenance it is relatively easy to find tunics that "look" like ones in period photos. Especially that Hitler brown shirt in my closet...

Don

Comment

I wouldn't pay a dollar more, if it had a picture. The tunic must sell itself (i.e. stand on its own merits.) The pic would be a nice "extra" to display alongside it - nothing more.

Tunic prices are already a joke - now dealers will be adding pics and charging more. Keep killing the golden cow and dealers will price themselves right out of the market.

My 4 cents (used to be 2 cents), but I have a picture in my wallet.

Comment

Now by pic did you just mean a pic that shows the exact tunic just on an anomolous guy. Or like a named tunic with a picture of the person that actually owned the tunic wearing it. ?

Cuz if its just a random pic of a look alike jacket in the picture then I wouldnt pay much extra at all for that.

Comment

A named tunic is a totally different issue.

Comment

Uh oh, Johnny has taken us on a tangent. I would pay a little more for a named tunic if its a choice between an unnamed and named.

What about sweat stains - who would pay more to own the actual sweat on an actual tunic?

Comment

That is situational too, also depends on what it is and who's it was.

Comment

I agree - Heman Goering sweat would go for alot more than a regular soldier's.

Comment

I believe that Charlie Snyder has expertise in valuating sweat stains - pits, groinal region, and "other". For a modest fee he will let you know how much more you can realize from a sweaty garment...

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X