opinions on officer breast eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on officer breast eagles

picked these up in a grouping and wanted to make sure they are ok before I put them on e-stand. Heer officer?? What's a fair price per piece?

thanks
    mike
    Attached Files

backside
    Attached Files

Comment

The heads are facing the opposite direction.

Comment

I noticed that also

Comment

I believe these are all original and the reason the heads face the other way is that they were meant to be worn on the sleeve. Railway or Judicial officer?

Comment

What color is the backing material?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              What color is the backing material?
              Black...
              I did a search trying to find these with the heads turned opposite and found very few. I was pretty sure they were ok but wanted to double check. Any ideas on pricing in their present condition?

mike

Comment

I am not 100% convinced they are real, you will need to figure out what they are before you can determine value.

Comment

can anyone provide me with a link of something similar to these. I found one link and they show one being a panzer officer. I'm not saying it's correct but that's all I have found so far. I know this test isnt 100% but I tried the burn test and it went "poof" very fast no melting, my blacklight is at work. I'll try tommorrow. Not sure if that helps at all but that's where I'm at.

thanks

Comment

I think they are fine. I've seen these for years but actually quite often in the last 3 or so years. Most dealers sell them as panzer officer eagles but some will also sell them as judicial eagles. They do look identical to judicial eagles with the excetpion of the red tongue.

Hope this helps,

Drew

Comment

You will need to PM Fred Green or Diane. there are early black and green backed Army eagles that face left but they are very rare to see. I thought the backing was dark blue. These look pretty good from the front but the backs to me look crude. 99% of my insignia is on tunics and I am not familiar with what the reverses should look like. Hopefully those guys can help you.

Comment

Here is the thread from 2006 on these:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ly+left+eagles

An important question is where did they come from as well?

Comment

I think they are for judges court robe..JMHO Billbert

Comment

The eagle on the top right appears to have a red tongue

Comment

These have been around for many years and I've had a few loose ones. They always seemed period made to me...I just never knew what they were for sure. Looks like the evidence might be pointing to early Heer.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X