No announcement yet.

BULLS-EYE: Definitive new book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like there is plenty of missing information for you to research and then write the next book on TDBs. Looking forward to it!
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

I believe the book refers to the Tank Killers book for TDBs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bulls-Eye was not supposed to be (nor does it claim to be) an exhaustive reference book on TDBs.

Like Waffenrock written by the same authors, it is a detailed "overview" providing basic-broad information with supporting images etc.

For me, like their other books, it is a very useful reference for collectors and is well cited if a malcontented reader wants to research the subject further.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRyerson View Post
          I am reading this book now,,fairly well done however really no close up shots of the Tank on the TDB's and no mention of dimensions or placement either,,,also no mention of how many types of TDB metal tanks etc, etc,,,
          Not a hard badge to learn...there is a great thread on the HEER BADGE forum regarding TDB's.

Regards,
          Chris G.

Comment

I get that,,its just that the money I spent on the book seems like a waste
            the title should have read "an overview of the TDB"

Comment

When I see both authors next month I will pass that on to them. Maybe they can change the title for the next edition and put that right on the cover so it is more obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                When I see both authors next month I will pass that on to them. Maybe they can change the title for the next edition and put that right on the cover so it is more obvious.
                You do that, also tell them to enjoy the proceeds they got from me...The forums have all the info they provided and they quoted the other TDB book (Tank Killers) so much I figure i should buy that one,,,

Comment

The forums have all the info they provided and they quoted the other TDB book (Tank Killers) so much I figure i should buy that one,,,
                  One can never have enough books on a subject. I have them all on the TDB and have found each useful in its own way. It is very rare that one book would ever cover everything. Each book adds some thing to the mix and then there is the need for up-dated editions as more information comes to light or is discovered.

When the internet and forums came along, some said there would no longer be a need for books at all. How wrong they were. What happens today as threads and forums disappear from the net over time ???

I find myself back in books like this one a lot. They are a good staring point to work out what you are trying to look up on the forum. They are great follow up to expand what you have seen on the forum.

One compliments the other these days. You need both to gain full understanding

The authors of this book deserve praise not contempt. Lets hope they might even do a new edition one day and add more to an already great effort

And I do not know them from a bar of soap except I have their book on my bookshelf,

Chris

Comment

You do that, also tell them to enjoy the proceeds they got from me...The forums have all the info they provided and they quoted the other TDB book (Tank Killers) so much I figure i should buy that one,,,
                    "Enjoy the proceeds"? The authors' work on this was more of a labor of love than done with expectation of profit, about $3 for each book sold...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X