Non Standard Flak Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Standard Flak Tunic

I am submiting this tunic for comments. I would like any input on this. I recall seeing a photo of a bunch of flak guys in various tunics and I think one was with out a collar like this one.
    Attached Files
    DaveJ

The interior is a soft cotton, buttons are zink, as found on trousers. I am trying to sell this and do not want to sell it if it is not a period piece,

Dave
    Attached Files
    DaveJ

Comment

Hi Dave!

This is indeed a non-standard tunic, I think this will be an interesting thread

First of all I think we need some more detaild pictures
      Could you post some pictures of the lining and the shoulder straps?
      Are the shoulder straps the slip-on or sewn-in type?
      And if your not running low on time, how the ekII ribbon is attached. And a close up picture of the loops.

Best regards!

Comment

Thanks Dave -will comment later but for info it is not an EKII ribon but a KVKII one
        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Originally posted by François SAEZ
          Thanks Dave -will comment later but for info it is not an EKII ribon but a KVKII one
          Oooops I dident paid enough attention I guess. Offcourse you'r right...
          My misstake!

Comment

I am a big fan of non-standard Luftwaffe items. I'm always hunting photos for the oddball piece of clothing worn by their ground troops. To be honest, I've never seen anything like this. Flak crews often wore the standard drillich fliegerbluse/straight leg trouser set as found in this photo:

That is what I would expect. At the same time, other than the occasional officer, I have never seen insignia of any type on these drillich uniforms.

Comment

Right Jack but not insignas

Comment

Then, has anyone seen this style of tunic. Is this a made up piece? The insignia appears correct to me, loops are of the style used on period tunics, the buttons are the style found during the period. I have had this tunic for a number of years, and honestly did not pay much for it when I got it so.........
                Attached Files
                DaveJ

Comment

It's not a marking that I recognize. So, I can't really say. Dave, can you post photos of the badge loops? Thanks.

Comment

I will when I get home,

Dave
                    DaveJ

Comment

here is the ribbon and loops
                      Attached Files
                      DaveJ

Comment

more
                        Attached Files
                        DaveJ

Comment

François,
                          Please add your comments, what do you think this is?
                          Dave
                          DaveJ

Comment

Sorry for the Delay

First I can't say for sure right or wrong, but here are my observations
                            IMO, we are speaking of a "fatigue dress" or "drill blouse" here - what I don't get is:
                            I - on your picture it seems that your tunic has no collar while the is normally one
                            II -By regulation order collar patches,shoulder straps and national emblems were NOT worn -
                            III - there is no need for a simple enlisted to be recognized

Well, not sure it help but I am not even sure it is a drill blouse and to be clearer, my opinion and I could be wrong, I am not even sure it is a Military tunic

Of course, I can be wrong, so don't hesitate to correct me

François

Comment

What concerned me in what François said is that it has no collar....
                              Taking another look to me it looks like a chefs (cook) tunic with insignia!!!

What does anyone else think?

/Ian
                              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X