Back from The Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny,

l just had a chance to review this thread and saw the restoration. Beautiful work and detail. Kudos. I agree that this can be construed as a restoration to a named officer and as such was the intent. There is no intent for you to defraud since you have made public record on this site of what you have done. What happens after the piece leaves your hands will still be recorded here and you as we say in the law .. have done your due diligence in representing this piece as it is.

Comment

Johnny you did an amazing job on that fine looking rock!

You did justice to the soldat and the rock.

Anyone would be lucky to have it in their collection.

Comment

Nice job Johnny. I like that tunic a lot. I allways like that panzer pink tunics

Comment

This is just a great restoration! If I owned a tunic in the condition it used to be in, I would not display it, being a collector who finds striving towards a correct historical representation done with purely original items the conerstone of this hobby. I dont put a groud dug buckle on a ww II impression, as this is not representive for the ww II era. When it comes to restoring tunics, I think this is ok to some point, as long as its done with period thread etc. in the original way, and as long as it's not just a put together item (for example, a LW flieger flight blouse in restoration should not be turned into a flak flight blouse if its known that it used to be a flieger tunic). I just hate it when collectors turn a nice luftwaffe tuchrock into some Dutch NSKK tunic. If I could buy a nice Heer tunic with everything on it accept the bird, I have to admit that I would be glad if I could find someone who could sew an original eagle in a correct way to the tunic. I can however understand the objections about the aging of original insignia that survived not only the war, but also the 65+ years after. Now I agree that you dont put a mint chinstrap to a relic helmet, but personally, I would try to look for a match in condition of the insignia (ok, impossible with the shoulderboards because of the numbers). All remaining ww II items are in some condition, good or bad. It is our task to at least maintain that condition and keeping the item from deterioration. I dont fully understand how people with such a great attitide and respect towards history and the preservation and restoration of these items on the other hand dont seem to mind that at all. However, it is good to see that a nice tunic with it's history has been historical correctly restored in it's formal glory!

Comment

Thanks,

I would never sell it as real. I am working on a named Nebel Major now and will post that when it is done as well.

Comment

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!
              What's about the Nebel Major. It's ready?

Comment

Originally posted by MadJack View Post
                Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!
                What's about the Nebel Major. It's ready?
                Hello, it is not ready yet. It takes a long time but it is close, I did find come pictures of him probably wearing the same tunic which I will post with it.

Comment

@Johnny R
                  May be you could help me with my Waffenrock?!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=382400

Regards Sven

Comment

I can only sit back and admire the work of highly skilled and passionate craftsmen. I have restored many a visor cap and can really appreciate the time and effort that goes into a restoration like this. Fantastic work!

Comment

Thanks, someone else actually did the sewing, I am more familiar with conservation etc. I can barely maange a button myself. It just takes a long time to find everything. Here is another one that was almost dead and was close to falling apart. It still needs more work but it is stabilized now:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=326060

Comment

Johnny R;
                        may be you could help me with a contact of the tailor...

Comment

Originally posted by MadJack View Post
                          Johnny R;
                          may be you could help me with a contact of the tailor...
                          I have known him almost 30 years, He is a WWI collector and has a lot of experience restoring those items, he does my stuff as a favor. I talked to him about this and he was not very interested in other projects.

Comment

This is awesome Johnny !!!!,not just the job you and your friend done but also a big proof that this could be done to the point that it looks perfect, for me this is another proof that most of SS tunics are fantasy pieces that was put together to make big $$.

regards,

eddie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X