No announcement yet.

Jager officers tunic opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=naxos;2889475]In the summer of 1942 a Jäger arm patch with three oakleaves was introduced to be worn on the right upper arm.

Naxos are you saying mine should have this badge or at least a mark where it was?

Comment

For a Jaeger it should have the arm patch as shown (or the Gebirgsjager version) or an indication that there once was one - as seen on the two links I posted previously. If the waffenfarbe is black and there is no indication of an arm patch then it is standard heer pionier - still a desireable waffenfarbe for collectors.
      As for the actual originality of the tunic hopefully another member will be able to help you.

Comment

Any other opinions?

Comment

Appears to be an original EM jacket converted for use by an officer.

Jager- pursuit infantry
          Last edited by 240stevek; 10-18-2008, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Looking at other items on the dealer website I would make sure you can return it.

Comment

Thank you for the info 240stevek

Jhodgson i will look into this thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=kompanie;2889325]Guys im hoping to purchase my first tunic it is from Keulers Militaria.

Im unsure what Jager means to me it means an elite infantry unit?.
                Please can you share your opinions regarding this tunic. It comes with no shoulder boards so im wondering if white piped infantry boards would be correct.

A Jaeger means 'hunter' they were light infantry and I believe wore the green piping as like GJ and PzG units.

Comment

Jager or jaeger in German means "Hunter", applied to the Military since the 19th Century it has been used to describe light infantry units usually with heavy training in sharpshooting and fast manouvering etc. Here is the correct color for Jaeger, the one on the far right is text book Panzer Grenadier
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jager tabs and sleeve patch on a light weight tunic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have emailed the dealer and he says the colour in the litzen is dark green.
                      I asked him about the oak leaf arm patch and he has said Please don't confuse the tunic with Gebirgsjager in stead of Jaeger, is that right?

Comment

GJ and jaeger used the same waffenfarbe, both are jaeger units. I think your dealer is confused. Dark green = administration. Jacques

Originally posted by kompanie View Post
                        I asked him about the oak leaf arm patch and he has said Please don't confuse the tunic with Gebirgsjager in stead of Jaeger, is that right?

Comment

Hello Chris,
                          there were many shades of green for Pz.Grenadier, Jäger, Gebirgsjäger and admin. Collectors are confused very often with these colors. I strongly believe it was the same thing for the german soldiers at the time. I have already seen some strange period combination like a Gebirgsjäger officer tunic with GJ collar patches and Pz.G. shoulderstraps, or a Jäger officer tunic with admin shoulderstraps....
                          This Feldbluse looks quite nice, but i would need to see better and bigger pics for a complete review. I have some concern about the size. the chest size says 102, which is quite good for a bust or mannequin....but it looks very small on the bust in the 1st post. Looks like it is almost impossible to button up the tunic. maybe it has been heavily retailored for a better fit by its wartime owner, but hard to say with these small pics.
                          The size is not a problem for some collectors, they think that the item is more important, but for some others, the size does matter.... it depends of what you're planning to do with it...
                          thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kompanie View Post
                            No. As you can see from the various Jaeger tunics that other members have posted in this thread, the tunic for a Jaeger has an oakleaf & acorn arm badge (although, there were probably exceptions to the rule when for whatever reason the soldier wasn't able to put one on) . A Gebirgsjager has an edelweiss arm patch which is a completely different design.
                            However looking at the collar litzen, it appears to be an officer grade in which case it resembles one of my tunics, a GD panzergrenadier Oberleutnant, where the litzen has been affected by conditions and has turned from it's original colour to a dull, dark green. This tunic is the one actually being worn on pages 198/199 of the GD book God, Honor, Fatherland and in the photos in the book the litzen are already this colour while the waffenfarbe on the epaulettes are white (infantry) (even as a kompaniefuhrer in the GD Pz.Gren.Rgt he continued to wear the white waffenfarbe) .
                            Sooo..if 'your' tunic's litzen are more like the colour of the one shown in this post and not the brighter version as shown on the other Jaeger tunics posted here and it doesn't show any sign of an arm patch on the right arm there is every chance it could be an infantry tunic. How's that for muddying the waters just a bit more!!
                            (I'm off to work for the next two weeks so if I don't respond to any more it's because I don't have access to a computer).
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by hucks216; 10-20-2008, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
                              Hello Chris,
                              there were many shades of green for Pz.Grenadier, Jäger, Gebirgsjäger and admin. Collectors are confused very often with these colors. I strongly believe it was the same thing for the german soldiers at the time. thanks.

I respectfully do not agree, and would like to clarify this before the "green War" starts anew and we have Panzer Grenadier Mt. Troops. There were specific colors for the branches, we know this from period publications and color charts, the green on my tunics is the typical and regulation green for Jager (Since the First War and before) that said, the colors that were actually worn differed and we know many shades were worn, faded, or changed otherwise. Panzer, Artillery. Nebel also varies greatly as does Medical but there was a specific color etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                                I respectfully do not agree, and would like to clarify this before the "green War" starts anew and we have Panzer Grenadier Mt. Troops. There were specific colors for the branches, we know this from period publications and color charts, the green on my tunics is the typical and regulation green for Jager (Since the First War and before) that said, the colors that were actually worn differed and we know many shades were worn, faded, or changed otherwise. Panzer, Artillery. Nebel also varies greatly as does Medical but there was a specific color etc.
                                I agree with John, that is examples that he posted is a textbook example of the different greens. There were however green variations which can be attributed to either Panzer gren and Jaeger. I do think that the dark green of admin is quite distinct and clear and are not confused with the other two and their greens. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X