No announcement yet.

What units wore "Sp" collar tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK (SPeer) staff car. Note SPeer black M43 cap, and officer's NSKK sleeve eagles and driver's raute (diamond)!
    Attached Files

Comment

Final image! This 1 image ripped out of the album sold for north of 325 euros!
      Explains why the album got dismantled for profit!

Its an Italian "Autoblinda Lince" made by Lancia which is actually an Italian copy a British Daimler Scout car. It was sold for a lot because the auction mentioned a "beute" vehicle. Most people probably thought it was British. Still unique, again note "OT" licence plate and "SPeer" uniforms!
      Note SPEER unit stencil on staff car's fender.

One soldier (with "Sp" collar tabs and M43 cap) wearing Luftwaffe tropical tan pants with large thigh pocket, very popular among other branches of the German armed forces.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 10-13-2008, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Found this great cut off insignia today! The dealer did not even describe it as a cut off...just as a SPeer Regiment tab...
        so a "cut off" price was not paid!

(NSKK SPeer topic actually belongs in the NSKK section which is the political forum but SPeer units supported the armed forces....)
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

I have this picture for some time already. It seemed obvious that it was a "SP" collar tab and therefore a Speer-truppe member. Now looking at the pictures posted in this thread, I realised that the "SP" tab is supposed to be on the right side of the tunic, while mine shows it on the left side.

Are they known cases of SP tabs on both sides ?

Thanks

Max
          Attached Files

Comment

Not Speer...its Luftschutzwarndienst! LSW tabs on a LW fliegerbluse
            Note flecked piping on collar which has 3 letters!
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for the info!

Comment

I agree but the tab perhaps reads SHD (Sicherheits und Hilfdienst), the sister organization to the Luftschutz Warndienst. You can see the S at the left of the tab and the longer arm of the H below.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by OSS; 03-25-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I like this photo because of the paramilitary appearance of the SHD trooper with the beaded Luftschutz helmet, rifle and fieldpack. Not Speer related but a great photo nevertheless.

Comment

Yeah its a great image and showing a Russian "Beute" (captured) Moisin Nagant rifle no less!
                    The pouch might be a Mannlicher (single) leather ammo pouch of Austrian (Austro-Hungarian) origin!

Comment

What an interesting thread.

These odd-ball units that fought in Italy are fascinating.

Thank to all who have posted here,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                        I agree but the tab perhaps reads SHD (Sicherheits und Hilfdienst), the sister organization to the Luftschutz Warndienst. You can see the S at the left of the tab and the longer arm of the H below.
                        Thanks! That the "longer arm" that first brought to think it was "SP" (I took the longer arm of the H for the longer arm of the P )

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X