What units wore "Sp" collar tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What units wore "Sp" collar tabs?

Long ago I once knew what these "Sp" tabs were for, but now I can't recall. Can somebody refresh my memory? Thanks!

Regards,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Another photo I have.
    Attached Files

Comment

Transport Korps Speer (TKS)). Started as an NSKK affiliate unit, later became independent!
      Great pictures! I LOVE the camo helmets!!

Here's mine (exact same fuzzy wool uniforms as shown in the period images with identical sew in shoulderstraps)
      but with embroidered "Sp" (instead of metal cyphers)! The shoulderstrap farbe piping (chocolate brown) matches the collar.
      Depicted as a transitional NSKK and Speer mixed impression...hence the black NSKK pants and side cap...
      Note how the NSKK cap rank bars match the Speer rank tab !
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Thank you Nick! That certainly rings a bell. I knew that they were associated with some TR personality, but I couldn't remember that it was Speer. Note the NSKK sleeve patch in the first photo.

Heck of a nice uniform you've shown, too. I've not seen one before. Congrats on that one.

--Kevin

Comment

Later Transport Gruppe Speer / Transport Korps Speer changed to another "Sp" stylized type collar tab style, as shown in this NCO uniform that I own.
          Attached Files

Comment

another view...Dutch former NSKK volunteer that transferred to Speer. Helmet decal and driver badge makes him Dutch (ex-NSKK)!
            Officer type double claw belts were often worn by Speer drivers regardless of rank.
            The images that started this thread however show LW belts in wear.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 01:25 AM.

Comment

NSKK Dutch volunteer driver medal close up. Such an NSKK award a driver would have continued to wear after transfer to Speer.
              "Trouw" is Dutch for Loyalty. Note wolfs hook (wolfangel) as repeated on the stahlhelm decal denoting Dutch NSKK members!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Here's another neat period image! that somebody had posted before...
                Its an Italian SPeer member. Note sleeve shield!
                An Italian in French unit I'm thinking...as I'm not sure if there were Italian units...definately Italian drivers!
                Writing is obviously in Italian! So is it a tri-color Italian green-white-red type?
                Interesting note: its a late date image (1944) but the SPeer collar tab is the early one still...
                (metal Cypher I think)

And this one is nice also!!!
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=TKS
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Hi
                  Great pictures! I LOVE the camo helmets!!
                  Great pictures...
                  A completly photo album of the Trsp. Gru. Speer, TK Speer was destroyed to sell the pics.
                  Great pictures
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Guymauve View Post
                    Hi

Great pictures...
                    A completly photo album of the Trsp. Gru. Speer, TK Speer was destroyed to sell the pics.
                    Great pictures
                    Cheers
                    Yeah its truly a shame that auctionfactory ripped the album apart for greed.
                    With that said I have no problem adding more images here for the sake of uniting these again.
                    Credit goes to Norwest who saved these unique images!
                    Of interest besides the camo helmets with LW eagle are the LW belt buckles and LW "Y"straps
                    (lacking secundary support straps) being worn, all LW kit that was most likely issued along with the FLAK gun to these drivers!

Note NSKK sleeve eagle, so early SPeer when still a sub-Regiment of NSKK
                    (or transitional period as some men wear NSKK sleave eagles and others do not...Some with "Sp" collar tab cyphers, others blank..)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 04:34 PM.

Comment

SPeer uniform study! and camo helmets (with LW eagles)
                      Attached Files

Comment

SPeer-NSKK uniform study!
                        Note SPeer stencil on truck. Some troops wearing NSKK sleeve eagles, others not...
                        Also note black NSKK oversees cap being worn (left standing)!
                        and others with SPeer black M43 caps... WH buckle!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Two more images I found on the web of this unique album which was seperated forever... What a shame! I found out that these are 1944 images (post Italian surrender September '43) hence the Italian vehicle, with Notek, Italian Flak gun and "OT" (Org Todt) license plates!
                          These are certainly SPeer "TKS" troops and its interesting they are still wearing NSKK caps and insignia this late in the war! A hodge podge!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Same vehicle. NSKK sleeve eagles still in wear!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

SPeer

SPeer unit stencil! "OT" plates!!
                              Note officer in light weight tan tunic! The album must have belonged to him...Note blue "X"
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 10-12-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X