No announcement yet.

A big collection on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luca, Good Luck with it!! Be mindful, as I know you are, that sometimes things are not as good as they appear to be. I hope for your sake there is a lot of original material. There seems to be some amazing items there!! I hope it is a score for you! Keep us informed! Mike.

Comment

Luca, if you are realy considering of buying this I think the best thing to do is make a team of collectors and visit the guy, more opinions are always usefull.

Regards,
      Sander
      http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

thats a difficult task to do as I doubt many people live in the same region that are very good in these specific areas. also I would be just as nervous of fellow collectors going with me to such a haul 'cause I would be assuming they would have the same thoughts as I if it were all good. that being, "I want it all for myself, how can I land a deal here." rare good priced items can change a persons atittude very quickly, possibly even into a 'Judas' scenario. Im not mocking you Sander, just stating what definitely could happen unless they are really good Friends. Glenn

Comment

Hi Luca, that would be a heck of a score if they are real. I see two combis?
          I would most certainly be interested in seeing the Panzer-pionier wrapper and the assault gunner with the green collar. And any Panzer-pionier insignia.
          Steve

Comment

Hi Luca, that would be a heck of a score if they are real. I see two combis?
            I would most certainly be interested in seeing the Panzer-pionier wrapper and the assault gunner with the green collar. And any Panzer-pionier insignia.
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
              That statement means more than the photos. Some of the items would be extremely rare and valuable, if original and untouched. They would sell with a phone call and some collectors would row across the Atlantic with a bag full of cash for an opportunity to buy some of them.
              I agree 100%, if these were real and were for sale we would have never even heard about it on a forum. There would have been standing offers for years and they would have been gone as Willi said with one phone call.

Police wraps did exist just very very rare. There are some great original photos of Police armored car crews.

Comment

Luca,
                to see the pics, IMO 20% original in the collection. That green collar wrap is very interesting... if we see this kind of items in a collection maybe we have to thinking about the others...
                Alex

Comment

Originally posted by m.alex View Post
                  That green collar wrap is very interesting..
                  Alex

Interesting and very rare IF the base jacket is original,certainly not the type of insignia I would expect to see on one though.

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi Luca
                    if only the 50% of these tunics are good and untouched, well, you are already lucky!! But i wish you all the best my friend

Comment

Originally posted by mayer View Post
                      Hi Luca
                      if only the 50% of these tunics are good and untouched, well, you are already lucky!! But i wish you all the best my friend
                      Thanks Antonio
                      Yes if I could split the collection with the original pieces would be the best but I don't know if is possible at the moment
                      Luca
                      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

In my experience this could turn out to be a very frustrating scenario. Good and bad items in an old collection where the seller insists everything is original (and priced accordingly) and will only sell as one big lot. I have seen it a dozen times. A dealer could step in and figure out what he has to dump and how much he can make on the good stuff. A difficult scenario for a non-dealer collector. You see that alot with some helmet and uniform collections. Alot of crap out there.....

If he is not willing to part it out, as well as the fact he has been trying to sell it for a year, it is a bad indicator.

I hope I am wrong though. The point is to proceed with extreme caution.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Two more from the same old collection.
                          Has been done since 1978 only looking for Panzer units of Herr - LW - Polizei and WSS.
                          The collection consist of 23 mannequins.
                          I am waiting for better pictures, talk you soon.
                          Luca
                          Attached Files
                          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Attached Files
                            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Hi Luca,

As you can see at least two of the beret covers are on modern crash helmets. If the covers are good at least you can save some money by them not being complete. I'm dying to see a close up of the SS beret insignia...I hope a good photo is forth coming. Best wishes in your endeavor.

Richard

Comment

WHITE Pz. wrap??!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X