Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Sturmartillery Uniform portrait

Hello,
    wanted to share with you this picture of a gefraiter wearing an early style Sturmartillery wrap around.
    I don't know much about the story of this wrap pattern.
    During which period has it been produced?
    Does anybody has other pictures to show on this subject?

Gustavo
    Attached Files

What I wouldn't give for this jacket.. Great photo.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Photo

Has anyone seen this before?

Comment

Photos of this early pattern in wear seem to be quite quite rare. As I recall (my books are packed), I think it was this volume shows quite a few examples of the Stug. wrap with dark green collar being worn:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/...t_panzers.html

I have never heard of anyone having an example in their collection.

Interesting photo!

Comment

Collar

Notice the slight differences in color on the collar in circular patterns? Is that the print? Look at the lower base of the tab as well. Website went down in the middle of the post.

I just noted the color differences. it could be the print and the tab may be wider at the base.
          Last edited by Johnny R; 01-20-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I'm not seeing what you are seeing John, except for the area of likley piping overlap. There are plenty of other photos of these jackets being worn with dark green collars....

Comment

Factory applied shoulder straps do you think Mr Davis? Or added after issue by the wearer(probably the case)?

I know of a 41 dated example (field grey collar) with sew in straps that were applied at the factory out of matching uniform cloth (and tabs) and not applied after issue.

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Print

I looks like it faded over time differently or from light exposure. So they would be the dark green badge cloth like normal early tunics.

Lehr two was not formed until 1941.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...gLehr/ARL2.htm

Comment

Ha ha. I know of that one too Glenn.

Interesting point on the date John. The photos from Finnland were circa '41 - '43 as I recall...

Comment

Upgrade

So these are tailor modified factory tunics like M40s etc. turned into Walking out tunics? Interesting style.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure. My impression from seeing several soldiers wearing them in certain images is that this was a short-lived issue pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                        Hmmm, not sure. My impression from seeing several soldiers wearing them in certain images is that this was a short-lived issue pattern.
                        Odd stuff, I have never seen one in person. I like the appearance of the regular collar better. There will be one on Ebay now next week to be sure

Comment

I have never heard of a surviving example. No doubt some enterprising dealer could 'locate' one.

Comment

Thanks for all your inputs and thanks Mr Davis for the link provided.
                            Mr McInnes I agree with you: what I wouldn't give....

You are right about the date John: the picture is dated 1944; could be that the soldier kept it at home for Formal events and changed the shoulder boards for the wedding.

Gustavo

Comment

I agree with you Glenn!
                              I remember seeing a picture of one of these in a collection, what a wrapper.
                              Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X