No announcement yet.

opion on tunic M36 M40 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am concerned with the postion of the markings? Do anybody have an early tunic ( depot 1940) stamped in that position?

Juan

Comment

Originally posted by frank2far View Post
      Here are my concerns:

1. Scallop pockets look odd.

2. Rayon lining is not typical on M36, M40, or M41 Heer tunics.

3. Lack of support hook holes, even if taylored

4. Lack of hanger loop in the neck

5. Color of collar tabs

6. Sewing construction

7. Eagle application

Thanks,

Frank
      I would pass, way too many concerns imo..

Kind regards
      Jens

Comment

odd placement of the stamp also..

Kind regards
        Jens

Comment

As far as I can see the collar is replaced. The copper hook looks odd to me to. The seller is asking E 1600,- I passed on this one.

Willem
          Attached Files

Comment

I think that was the right thing to do..

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thune View Post
              I think that was the right thing to do..
              I agree. I also agree with all the details that Frank and John have pointed out.

In addition, I don't like the geometry of the of the whole frontside. The pocket shape, size and placement is very odd. The eagle is too high. The bottom pockets are too far below the bottom button...they should at least line up the bottom button (or only be slightly below) on unaltered tunics. If the pockets were raised, the pockets would be well above the bottom button. But who ever heard of pockets being lowered??

I smell a repro here.

Paul
              Last edited by Paul McKee; 01-06-2008, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul McKee View Post
                I agree. I also agree with all the details that Frank and John have pointed out.

In addition, I don't like the geometry of the of the whole frontside. The pocket shape, size and placement is very odd. The eagle is too high. The bottom pockets are too far below the bottom button...they should at least line up the bottom button (or only be slightly below) on unaltered tunics. If the pockets were raised, the pockets would be well above the bottom button. But who ever heard of pockets being lowered??

I smell a repro here.

Paul
                I agree to the addition details above. Paul as a side note, I was out driving with my Father this morning and he said the temp and fog conditions today in the SW were identical to the first couple days of the Battle of the Bulge.

Comment

I agree.

Some M41 tunics do have satin, rayon linings but cut in the M36-40 style to use the long belt ramp straps passing over the shoulders etc this one looks more like a M43 lining which would be wrong for this style of tunic. The odd markings and lack of production details would make me walk away from that deal.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                    Paul as a side note, I was out driving with my Father this morning and he said the temp and fog conditions today in the SW were identical to the first couple days of the Battle of the Bulge.
                    Yeah, I was out in that pea soup today. Heard that there was a 40 car pileup on I-90 that I luckily managed to avoid.

RE: The conditions at the Bulge...Does your father speak from first-hand experience?

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X