Honestly...it's Beyond Words!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly...it's Beyond Words!

How many of you remember Mr. Helmut Weitze selling a GD Waffenrock on his site about two weeks ago? Well if you do, I'm the sucker who bought it.

Mr. Weitze and I exchanged several emails and he replied that this Waffenrock I was about to purchase from him was "textbook". Guess what gang, and I know this is going to come as a shock to all of you...yup! You guessed it. It was collector dicked with!

All 8 buttons down the front of the tunic as well as the two shoulder strap buttons were resewn to the tunic using thick black thread that glows like the sun under a black light. What makes it worse is...I swear to God somebody put the buttons on with their feet! In all of my years of collecting I have never seen such a ****ty piece of work.

It gets better...the shoulder straps are also very questionable especially when it comes to how they are attached. Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think. And, the straps also had a nice "glow" to them under the black light.

BUT WAIT!!! IT GETS BETTER!!! Wait for it...wait for it...

Yup, and I paid $14,500 for this turd!!! Needless to say it's going back ASAP and I will never purchase from Mr. Weitze again. He has insulted my intelligence by sending me this abomination and I equate it to a swift kick to the nuts!

Mark

Here's one of Mr. Weitze's email where he makes a comment about the tunic being "textbook".

Dear Mr. Hays,<O</O

I understand , what you mean and what your collector friends are talking about. Please be informed, that this Waffenrock is not private purchased, but the official issued version for the Führer´s birthday only. <O</OAt private purchased Waffenrocks you are right, the shoulderboards are stiff, since they have a stiff inlay in the shoulderboards. Here the shoulder boards are the issued type, as they were worn on the fieldtunic and on the Overcoats. So they are soft and have no inlay of course. This is also the reason, why the material of the Waffenrock itself is not doeskin or Gabardine, but ordinary fieldgrey cloth quality.<O</O

I repeat : it is a textbook example, no manipulations, what so ever.
    <O</O<O</O
    Best regards,

Helmut Weitze
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MLH13; 12-26-2007, 09:41 PM.

Take a look at the void between the strap and the tunic. This is looking under the strap.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the second strap...same story.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is one of the buttons but all of the buttons down the front were applied using black thread. All of the buttons had enough slack in the thread you could have stuck a ballpoint pen through it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's another email from Mr. Weitze telling me how the tunic 100% original and "nothing has been ever changed, replaced or manipulated". What?

Mark

Dear Mr. Hays,

thank you very much for your messages, which I could all read today, since I wasn´n t in the office yeasterday. <O</OSo let me now answer all your questions :
          <O</O
          1. The Waffenrock "GD" is 100 % original. We will give you our life-time guarantee for it, including a COA. nothing has been ever changed, replaced or manipulated. It is the classic text book example in perfect condition.
          <O</O
          2. I am sorry, but the price is firm at EUR 10.000,-- . It is well calculated and a wonderfull example.<O</O<O</O

So we are looking very much forward to hear from you again.
          <O</O
          Best regards,

Helmut Weitze

phone Germany / 40 / 35 27 61
          fax Germany / 40 / 35 35 63
          e-mail info@weitze.com

Update every friday after 18:30 hrs MEZ

Comment

Sorry to hear..

These people are dealers, no more..
            The stuff they've comes from collectors who need money or who are tired of the hobby etc.., you can see the trades at shows etc..
            They buy and sell...
            They're no friends, as some will think, but just business men.
            There's a lot of funny stuff on the website which is not un-touched and so be it.
            All items have a story, they are business men.
            It think it has less to do with trust, it's all about if you're happy or not.
            I bought a badge there and they sent me the wrong one, I sent it back and they promised to send me the right one, badge got "lost" in the mail, they said and they gave me a refund ..
            Think the right badge wasn't there afterall, just the pic.
            Slowly these "top" dealers start to ruin their business IMO.., we're just a number, not a customer.

Good luck and pity to hear.
            It's a awful lot of money and I can imagine you want a top jacket for that.., they don't seem to realize they're losing collectors all the time, probably they see it a way we don't know.

Jos.
            Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 12-26-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Tough break

Sorry to hear about your loss. That is alot of money to dole out for nothing. You also have the diappointment of thinking you will pick up a nice display piece, maybe even the center peice of your collection and the rug gets pulled right out from underneath you.

Hope you find something better down the road.

Comment

Well thats really disapionting that you get that piece of junk of a ''respected''dealer.I'm sorry that it happend to you.

Comment

Mark,

I'm sorry to hear this Waffenrock is a bust. I hope getting your refund goes smoothly and as promised.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's support. I guess what is most disappointing for me is the fact that Mr. Weitze misrepresented this piece. It was straight BS right from the beginning and even now he will not answer my question as to why. He just simply stated he would take the item back. Sad really.

Mark

Comment

There are some of us who have preached about this dealer for years and no one listens. I can’t tell you how many pieces of headgear I questioned. I can’t count how many (IMO) put together tunics I have seen. Especially high-end tunics or tunics named to well know soldiers. All this to have the blind (aka sheep) come in and defend him. I have given up. So to those who keep buying here, baa, baa, baa.

Comment

Make sure he reimburses you for shipping charges that you had to pay coming and going too, since it was misrepresented
                        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

This is the same old story, it is time to learn that NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY in this buisness is a saint!

The good thing is that you have the right to return the stuff.

If you pay top dollar you want top items and no hussle.

Every dealer will sell everything they can get away with and some ppl prey on the weak and feeble minded, they send questionable stuff to their customers, and then offers to write a COA, and some people will accept that, and that´s is the sad part.

Nobody seems to care, it is how the world turns......

Send it back!

Comment

Mark:

Sorry to hear of this. I have to say that I am not surprised, though; I sent a few items back to Weitze before getting tired of getting screwed on the shipping charges for items that were bad. I will buy from him at a show in person, but no longer via the mail; simply too high of a return rate.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Pack it up and ship it back. He'll refund your money although frustrating as it is, you'll have to pay for all the shipping. (unless you can negotiate that...definately worth the trouble) I have returned items to him as well without any problems. Save all that energy for when someone really screws you.

I always scour his site for my returned items and never see them there. Somebody buys them though.
                              Last edited by shinerb; 12-27-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X