Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
    There is this stuff too ..

God that is scary John. I looked at it and thought right away of people drinking this in Eastern Europe. What does it do? If it negates the glow I could have fun with that at shows confusing the black light gypsies wandering table to table testing everything.

Comment

I looked at the pictures again and yes the workmanship is not what you'd like to see on a item issued to someone. But as was stated these were never issued. Some were worn for photo ops etc. It appears that the buttons and boards were hastily added. When was this done is the question. It could have been done wartime to meet some last minute need to have a soldier photographed in one or to please some VIP. Or it could have been done postwar as MLH13 believes. No way to prove either position unless the thread is polyster. So theres no evidence Weitze misrepresented the item. In fact having seen some of Weitzes restorations I would definately say he had nothing to do with any restoration work.

I don't know Klaus Peters except by reputation and everyone I know speaks highly of him. If he told Weitze that everything is original to the tunic then thats probably the truth. I'm sure there are members here who are in contact with Mr. Peters. I'd see if there was a way to talk to him about it.

But in the end if you don't like it return it. Herr Weitze will have no problem selling it. WR Jim

Comment

For that ammount for a tunic you should think the seller Weitze, and other dealers was serious and not trying to fool the buyer.
        If I ever have something like that happening to me, I will deal with the seller personal

Comment

I guess I don't see anything that really bothers me, even the black button thread, (maybe the soldier put in a few pounds in garrison, and needed the extra room come parade time) or more likely, maybe the museum needed it to fit on a mannequin. either way, not the kiss of death for me.

That is an exceedingy rare tunic, and not just a matter of simply adding insignia on a standard tunic to make it what it is. but the cuffs, collar litzen and other insignia would all have to all be brought togther for it.

I can understand if your not happy with it for that amount of money, by all means send it back. But honestly if I had the money, I would love to have an example of that tunic in my collection.
          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

What was the purpose of this special type of tunic? It seems as though it was for a heritage parade or something?
            Thanks!

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by Rolf D. View Post
              What was the purpose of this special type of tunic? It seems as though it was for a heritage parade or something?
              Thanks!
              No one knows much about them really. They were produced in 1939 and saw some ceremonial/guard duties and parade/propaganda use for photos etc. but how many were made, who was wearing them and where/when etc. is vague. The best summary is in the big Waffenrock book.

Comment

Gd

Gents,

Not sure this will help but, 'textbook' GD 'special' waffenrock purchased from Herr Weitze at the Stuttgart Waffenborse in 2000. I am totally convinced it is real and all insignia is original to the tunic.

MIKE
                Attached Files

Comment

Insignia

I am really pleased with my purcahse from Herr Weitze!

MIKE
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                    I looked at the pictures again and yes the workmanship is not what you'd like to see on a item issued to someone. But as was stated these were never issued. Some were worn for photo ops etc. It appears that the buttons and boards were hastily added. When was this done is the question. It could have been done wartime to meet some last minute need to have a soldier photographed in one or to please some VIP. Or it could have been done postwar as MLH13 believes. No way to prove either position unless the thread is polyster. So theres no evidence Weitze misrepresented the item. In fact having seen some of Weitzes restorations I would definately say he had nothing to do with any restoration work.

I don't know Klaus Peters except by reputation and everyone I know speaks highly of him. If he told Weitze that everything is original to the tunic then thats probably the truth. I'm sure there are members here who are in contact with Mr. Peters. I'd see if there was a way to talk to him about it.

But in the end if you don't like it return it. Herr Weitze will have no problem selling it. WR Jim

I agree with all of the above.

Mike E.- That is one killer WaffenRock!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Everett View Post
                      I am really pleased with my purcahse from Herr Weitze!

MIKE
                      Mike that one has a lot of problems too you should send it to me so I can examine it, Send it to John Doe, PO box That is a rare beauty! It could only get better if it is named! The tabs are amazing.

Comment

Here is another tunic that was for sale at this years Beltring show I did not ask for the price.

Comment

For NCO the tunic can´not be named because all the known pieces where made by a Uniformfabrik . All have Kammerstempel but no makermarks.

Comment

Originally posted by knopf View Post
                            For NCO the tunic can´not be named because all the known pieces where made by a Uniformfabrik . All have Kammerstempel but no makermarks.
                            Herr Button, I meant Mike's Lt. Tunic, I believe that is tailor-made? That in itself is interesting because it would lead me to believe they were being worn as Walking out dress and formal? I believe most/all the Kammerstuck tunics should all be marked 'B39"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Everett View Post
                              Gents,

Not sure this will help but, 'textbook' GD 'special' waffenrock purchased from Herr Weitze at the Stuttgart Waffenborse in 2000. I am totally convinced it is real and all insignia is original to the tunic.

MIKE

Mike,

what a beauty! WR Jim

Comment

I'll weigh in for what it's worth, which is exactly zero: Had I bought the tunic in question, I would have been very disappointed. Yes, these tunics may have been constructed differently than "regular" Waffenrocks, but in all honesty, had I seen the gap in the straps and the loose atachment of the buttons I too would have wigged out, especially for $14K+. The bottom line is that the purchaser wasn't happy, and Mark was at least lucky in that he got it from someone who would allow returns. It has also been intimated that the EM versions of these 'Rocks never had boards on them until after the war, so that means that the tunic may have been altered. Quite possibly the same with the buttons, I don't know. Here's the deal: I have owned or had pass through my hands better than fifty "regular" Waffenrocks in the last ten years, and have handled easily seventy five more, and those tunics and the way they are constructed are what I would base my reaction on. Discovering that a 'rock that I had purchased to undoubtedly be the center of my collection was less than what I would have expected would have left me with an empty feeling. Could it be that the 'rock is absolutely legit? Yes. Will questions arise over the same points that have been discused? In my opinion, yes. I don't blame Mark in wanting a refund. For that kind of scratch, you could build one hell of a collection of "regular" textbook Waffenrocks in a variety of Waffenfarbe.

Don
                                Last edited by DonC; 12-28-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X