WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uniform of Major Leo Ritter, 80 Artillerie Regiment (mot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don

Is this the Ritter that had been in Flak Btl. 46 in 1939?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon -

I do not know for sure. Any idea as to his rank in 1939?

Don

Comment

Nice stuff Don! For the rank etc. someone must have a 1939 Rangliste? If I remember correctly Flak units (allowed under Versailles) were covers for offensive artillery units before the War.

Comment

In Jan. 39 he was a Hauptmann with a seniority date of 1.10.37 and formerly of MG Btl.31. This Ritter was promoted Major 1.3.41 and Oberstleutnant 1.5.44.

Flak Btl.46 was previously called MG Btl.46 as were the other pre-war heeres Flak units.

This Ritter is the only regular officer of the artillery with a rank of Major or above in the '44 rangliste.

Going back to the Jan '39 rangliste There are two other officers by that name in the artillery. An oberleutnant in 1./AR 11 and a Lt. in 6./AR 76
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Just found a Zvonimir neck order to complete the tunic:
            Attached Files

Comment

Close-up:
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Don,
                very nice tunic. i love it!
                Can you display a photo of the name laben please?

Best,
                steiner99

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                  Oh, no, Lelez - I prefer the "neutral" white mannequins!

Don
                  When I saw the display i thought "gotta get a few of them white mannequins", cause they look great. I have pink ones now and I think white or black ones looks a lot more classy. Great display by the way, really beautiful

Comment

I like the Pale/light blue mannequins like the ones seen in larger Museums..they are very neutral when seen in reduced light settings..

Comment

Nothing against anyone else's tastes, but the "realistic" painted mannequins creep me out a little, and I know for damned sure my wife would have a hissy-fit if I tried to used one - she has a hard enough time with the neutral ones!

Don

Comment

Fantastic display!

Comment

Great display I like that you found the correct awards!
                          Steve

Looking for anything pertaining to Pi.Btl.16 and Pz.Pi.Btl.16.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X