Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you Towarish!

Comment

Gebirgsjager General Major Julius Ringel, Official photo.

On the contrary, no doubt for fashionable reasoning. Then again, Ole' General Boy can do what the f*ck he want's!

-Ray-
      Attached Files

Comment

Some more bearded fellows.
        Nice colored photos of an Infanterie Leutnant.
        Great helmet cover and a EM upgraded tunic.

Bearded Fallschirmjäger

Another bearded Gebirgsjäger

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
          Hey there, Glenn!
          Do you know what type of shield the capless guy has on his sleeve? Is it Nordkaukasien or is it Georgien?

Comment

Originally posted by Roald Thamesen View Post
            Hey there, Glenn!
            Do you know what type of shield the capless guy has on his sleeve? Is it Nordkaukasien or is it Georgien?

It looks like a Georgien shield to me.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

A couple of pictures from my collection. A tidy moustache at a gebirgsjager wedding, and a heer unteroffizier fooling around with feathers.
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And don't forget the facial hair minimalist von Rundstedt.

Comment

I would think that facial hair will be a problem if infected with lice!!

Juan

Comment

Last edited by Andy F-P; 05-21-2020, 09:50 AM. Reason: Not Heer but Luftwaffe officer. So removed.

Comment

Part of the orientation we went through involved facial hair begun a complication with receiving and treating a face wound. Lots of photographic evidence in many places and situations showing standards and regs could be very arbitrary.
                        One thing you learn quickly is "different day, different stuff."
                        MLP

Comment

MikeP, and here I was thinking it was actually, 'same sh*t, different day' and that US Army stood for Uncle Sam Aint Released Me Yet or backwards Yes My Retarded A** Signed Up.

Full beard Fallschirmjäger.
                          Attached Files

Comment

In the siege of Cholm (january-may 1942) general Scherer the commander of the town not shaved under the battle. The soldiers too. (ok not ZZ Top design )The "cholmkampfer" design remained in the story.

Comment

In most of these cases these individuals are under extreme conditions in the field where at times it is either not practical or in the case of severe weather conditions with below zero conditions it could be advisable not to shave which could result in chillblains. In other words not at all their norm.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X