Thoughts on this "Economy" M36 Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M44 Breadbag View Post

I have my opinion you have yours that is what I thought these forums are about, presenting ones opinion, correct.

M44

Yes you have a right to voice your opinion, but your opinions are usually not correct,in my opinion.

Tends to get annoying after a while you know.

With regards,

Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 09-15-2007, 04:54 AM.
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by M44 Breadbag View Post
      Relic Hunter

The logic is simple, it’s fake if you take my opinion as insulting sorry, I state my opinion nothing more nothing less.

Frank

Being that you are not my mother, father or wife, I do not NEED to be more tactful to you or any other person or dealer on this forum. I have my opinion you have yours that is what I thought these forums are about, presenting ones opinion, correct. Is there some rule that that states I have to be tactful when giving my opinion, if there is please pass me the link, I would like to read it myself. If you do not like how I present my case, fine don’t read it. We live in a free society; you know the whole free speech thing.

Have a pleasant day.

M44
      Hello,
      having an opinion doesn't mean that you need to be agressive with others members, especially if these members disagree with you. You may live in a "free society" as you wrote it, but it doesn't mean that your opinion matters more than others members's opinions. I think that this forum is a good place to learn, study or discuss the items or garments of TR era, not for insulting people, at least if you want to do so, do it with your real name and location, as i usually don't talk or write to breadbags, i collect them...

Comment

I was not insulting anybody if you took it that way well I'm sorry. I guess there are a lot of sensitive types here. I was not being "aggressive", but I will not be told by anybody especially complete strangers what I need to do and not need to do. Maybe where you come from that is permitted not where I'm from. I never stated my opinion matters more then anybody else’s; I'm not sure where you got that. I'm here to learn discuss etc. I can give my opinion just like the next guy, weather anybody accepts it or not that's on them, I don't except anybody here to agree with me, not at all. I do ask that regardless of one thinks about a particular item, we should ALL respect each other’s opinion and input. Not as Glenn states my opinions are usually not correct and you are an expert I guess. I’m finished here, congratulations on your new Tunic, I truly hope you enjoy it and treasure it.

M44

Comment

Hello
          I guess it is time to calm down for everyone now !!! before it is too late

In the meantime , I do not like this tunic , or the other one for that matter and I mentioned why . But that is my opinion and it is simple , these tunics are not for me ,unless someone can actually show me some documentation about these economic tunic . I know of the M33 and M34 ( I have handled only 2 of each since 82 , mind you) and that is not what they are , in my opinion.
          Also , If these tunics were issued , they would have the size # and date of issue and that is not something the German forgot , but then again that is my opinion.
          Like someone already mentioned , the outside of the jacket looks good enough and was purchased cheaply enough ,then it is fine to have , does beats all the modern repro .
          Have any of you ever seen the repro tunic made by the British in the early 40's ?
          for those who knows the Imperial war museum , they have it on display and it kind of remind me of these tunics .
          Best Regards
          P-Y

Comment

Mr. Breadbag (or can I call you "M")?, I think you are having a problem, not because of your opinion, but because you are acting like a jerk. Kind of like a guy who keeps talking really loud in the middle of a movie at the crucial part of the plot. That is my opinion.

Gerard
            Last edited by Gerard/Relic Hunter; 09-16-2007, 07:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Wow! this topic sparked some real debate. Based on some of the previous threads covering this subject I feel that my tunic may in fact be 100% but the jury is still out.

Steve

Comment

I was hesitant to weigh in on this one but FWIW, I believe this one to be real. I don't care for the collar litzen...I'm not questioning its authenticity, just the lack of aesthetics in the way it is applied.

As far as the lining, cuff and belt hook configuration: if this were made to deceive, logic tells me they would have easily gone for a configuration that is considered "normal" to avoid needless scrutiny. Even the cheapest repros get those details correct. Additionally, the photographic documentation that was presented in the previous thread on these tunics is proof that Heer tunics with the non-functioning cuffs and lacking front belt hooks did indeed exist. Too bad none of the photos show the lining.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X