X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With darker light however, the silver is alot obvious:
    Attached Files

Comment

I then checked out the cuff tabs. Its very faint but there is a line that runs across the tabs, and just under the buttons.
      Attached Files

Comment

From above:
        Attached Files

Comment

Both tabs:
          Attached Files

Comment

So from this i presume the tunic was once an NCO tunic, and somewhere along the line it was converted to a more collectable EM.
            This would explain all the work done to it, and the extra green thread on the cuffs. The tresse has been removed from the cuffs and re-sewn using the green thread.
            The boards have no sign of tresse and were most likely added to make it an EM (previous boards would have had tresse and maybe the numbers picked out).
            The collar has no sign of tresse marks or re-sewing so i wonder if the whole collar was replaced aswell.
            I so wanted this tunic to be right, great stamping inside, great shoulder boards...but it seems it undergone many changes.

Thanks all for your help. I will contact the seller and see what he has to say.

Lewis

Comment

Lewis,
              I notice that there is no fading on the cuff bar at the stitch line, how does it look in person?
              I would say if you are not happy with the tunic, return it for sure, it sucks to always have the doubt in the back of your mind,
              Dave
              DaveJ

Comment

Dave, no there is no fading at all. Its very hard to see the line and you can only really see it if you look real hard, the most obvious place is across the tabs in particular the lizten. But again its not soo obvious....but has been removed.

Comment

It could be period down graded, demotion, who knows. it is interesting that an em is more desired that an nco, I would think the opposite,
                  Dave
                  DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ View Post
                    It could be period down graded, demotion, who knows. it is interesting that an em is more desired that an nco, I would think the opposite,
                    Dave
                    I am always puzzled as to why EM is considered more desirable as well - there were certainly many more in comparison to NCO and officer tunics.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X