Attached Files

Comment

/
            Attached Files

Comment

//
              Attached Files

Comment

I am not into summer tunics for a preference, but I like the looks of this one... a lot!

That rip under the Flak trade badge... if you pealed the flap back, does the color look dark or is it exposed and faded, like the rest of the tunic

Comment

look very nice

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                    I am not into summer tunics for a preference, but I like the looks of this one... a lot!

That rip under the Flak trade badge... if you pealed the flap back, does the color look dark or is it exposed and faded, like the rest of the tunic
                    It looks purple/blue (dark) like the inside where the sun hasn't faded it. It's OK.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                      Strange that there're rips under both insignia on the sleeve.., maybe someone has checked before what you're asking ?

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                        Strange that there're rips under both insignia on the sleeve.., maybe someone has checked before what you're asking ?

Jos.
                        That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, Jos. The material that was torn was sort of glued back in place just where the rips are. I pull the glued material flap free, and the exposed material under the flap was dark blue/purple like the inside. It's OK. Good thinking.

Another thing, when I poked a wooden stick up into the tears it appears that there was some sort of adhesive/glue bonding the trade badge and the gefreiter patch to the sleeve, in spots, not everywhere - odd. But the color remains the same, the darker unbleached interior color. I think someone used a glue to position the patches before sewing them, and later whoever investigated the tunic glued it down again to secure the tears. Just my thinking. The patches have that 'set' look from time. Let's go from here...

Robert
                        Last edited by robert pierce; 07-30-2007, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Any other comments on this tunic, please?

Robert

Comment

Regardless of the blemishes and possibly added insignia to cover problem areas, that's OK, its a nice piece!I like it a lot, nice text book piece with wear! Its been there!
                            I have the regular tan version... and a privately tailored light weight blue one. Congrats!!! Nick

Comment

Appears that the eagle is sewn with the same thread and manner of sewing as the chevron,if it is I would say replaced insignia post war.

Glenn
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Eagle is definately genuine to the jacket IMO, so I see it the other way..

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X