Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gebirgsjäger offiser but ligth piping !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servus J******228;ger Derek und Gebirglers,

As Simon mentioned, there are no Panzergrenadiers in the Gebirgstruppe. The Panzerj******228;ger Abteilungs within a Gebirgsdivision would have pink Waffenfarbe, Gebirgsartillerie would have red, Gebirgsnachrichten would have yellow, etc.

So, I think your tunic is still a Gebirgsj******228;ger Oberleutnant (maybe a RKT, too) IMHO. I memtioned before that I have a GJ Windjacke with the same color green boards as yours. I don't have a good photo of it at the moment, but here is a photo of one of my tunics and you can see the white Windjacke shoulder on the left.

Simon....excellent photo of the GJ's wearing the fieldgray wrap! This design was originally a period ski jacket...so it does make sense that the GJ's would use it. I may have to get one now for reenacting!

Ski Heil!
    Last edited by BergführerKiser; 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the information Simon
      And the green piping around the shoulderboards on your Windjakke is for sure the same color on my shoulderboards !

Derek

Comment

Hi

I have a question?.
        I know that there were not no Panzergrenadiers in the Gebirgstruppe. I thought that if a unit was attached to a Gebirgstruppe they were entittle to wear the Gebirgs patch. I read that Laeon Degrelle wore the patch because his SS unit was at one point attached to a GJ unit?

Juan

Comment

What Degrelle did or was allowed to do is not i think an indication of a general rule. I know of units that spent years under operational command of gebirgs divisions that didn't wear the edelweiss, Gren.Brigade 388 and 193 for example.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Gr******252;******223; Di' J******228;ger Derek und Bergkameraden,

Here are a few more photos of my Windjacke with the lighter green piped shoulder boards:

Comment

There is always going to be variations of color use in those shades of green..The one that seems least used or period abused is ADM green I believe..I remember a display at one of first max (1980s)shows with greens correct and not..They were discussing this 25 years ago and will be discussing this 25 years from now...JMHO Billbert

Comment

Green was green in those days ... not with the clear bounderies the modernday collectors would like ...
                The same goes for the supposed difference in Jäger and Gebirgsjäger green .... There is no difference .... All periode documents that I have read do not show anything that support the color difference.

I have absolutely no problem seing this as a Gebirgsjäger Officer tunic.

These were tailormade uniforms. The tailor might have only had this type of green available, but I doubt that story. Why pay a lot of money for a tunic with an incorrect Waffenfarbe that makes you the laugh of the Company .... I tend to believe this officer liked the lighter shade of green more and ordered it this way.
                In those days the Edelweiss would show him to be a Gebirgsjäger, just supported by the green Waffenfarbe ....

MfG,
                Bart

Comment

Originally posted by GJR100 View Post
                  Green was green in those days ... not with the clear bounderies the modernday collectors would like ...
                  The same goes for the supposed difference in Jäger and Gebirgsjäger green .... There is no difference .... All periode documents that I have read do not show anything that support the color difference.

These were tailormade uniforms. The tailor might have only had this type of green available, but I doubt that story. Why pay a lot of money for a tunic with an incorrect Waffenfarbe that makes you the laugh of the Company .... I tend to believe this officer liked the lighter shade of green more and ordered it this way.
                  In those days the Edelweiss would show him to be a Gebirgsjäger, just supported by the green Waffenfarbe ....

MfG,
                  Bart
                  I agree with you there Bart

This uniform comes from an old norwegian collection and probably it has been here in Norway since the war? as it was thousands of Gebirgsjägersoldiers here in May 1945.
                  One interesting thing with this uniform is that he got the Knigths Cross.
                  The metalhooks has been there all the time and not added later. I will take some closeups of them.

Regards
                  Derek

Comment

Originally posted by GJR100 View Post

MfG,
                    Bart

Absolutely Bart !

Laurent

Comment

para helmet

o

Comment

Originally posted by Alpenvorland View Post
                        o
                        Why was this necromanced back from Hades?

Comment

I agree with Patrick and Bart, for me it's GJ
                          It makes no sense adding an edelweiss to a PanzerGr. tunic, after all PzGr tunics fetch more money than GJ, don't they?

Comment

This is from almost exactly two years ago on the Wallpaper hangers Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by jcsanche View Post
                              Hi

I have a question?.
                              I know that there were not no Panzergrenadiers in the Gebirgstruppe. I thought that if a unit was attached to a Gebirgstruppe they were entittle to wear the Gebirgs patch. I read that Laeon Degrelle wore the patch because his SS unit was at one point attached to a GJ unit?

Juan
                              At that time, when they were attached to a Division of the Gebirhstruppe, they weren`t in the SS. At that time, the wallones were (Heeres) Infanterie Bataillon 373. (Part of the regular army)

They "earned" the Edelweiss not, while attached to the mountain troops. The badge was awarded honorary for good achievements to the wallones.

Best regards, Fronti

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X