FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gebirgsjäger offiser but ligth piping !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjäger offiser but ligth piping !!!

Hi.

I got this nice Gebirgsjäger offiser uniform.
    With a realy nice bullion armpatch but could the colour be Panzergrenadier in Gebirgstruppe, as the colour is more ligther then other Gebirgsjäger uniforms I have seen ?

Thanks
    Derek
    Attached Files

Offiser patch.
    Attached Files

Comment

Kragenspiegel.
      Attached Files

Comment

The color certainly looks Panzergrenadier to me. Perhaps an example of a Gebirgsjaeger using Panzergreandier insignia if that is what was available. I know Panzergrenadiers did make do with Jaeger green insignia in some instances.

Comment

Shoulderboard.
          Attached Files

Comment

other
            Attached Files

Comment

It could also be a Pz Gdr tunic with a postwar added Edelweiss...

Don

Comment

Gr******252;******223; Gott J******228;ger Derek,

Looks like a fine Gebirgsj******228;ger Oberleutnant tunic to me. The piping is not a problem. This has been discussed before. A range of Greens can be found on both GJ and PzG tunics. I have a nice GJ Windjacke with the same green boards sewn in.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...7&postcount=21

Comment

I am with you Don. Definitely panzer grenadier, with added edelweiss. Jacques

Originally posted by DonC View Post

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post

Don

Agree,anyone could have added the Edelweiss. Looks Pz Gdr.

Here is Jaeger/Mountian in my opinion.

Glenn
                    Attached Files
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I have got quite a few jaeger and gebirgsjager items and the piping correlate with the example that Glenn showed. Jacques

Comment

Piping

I would also say Panzer Grenadiers at first look, but.....take a look at the link which Patrick provided. It shows the identical color of lighter green being used by both Pnz. Grenadier and GBJ. It looks like a fine jacket!

Shawn

Comment

Hi.

I agree with you that it looks more like a Panzergrenadier than a Gebirgsj******228;ger, but when you see the Bergf******252;hrerKiser color-range this can well be a Gebirgsj******228;ger.
                          I have also seen Artilleri uniforms with edelweiss and also Panzergrenadiers with edelweiss so it could be a Oberleutnant Panzergrenadier in Gebirgstruppe !?!
                          I am confuzed
                          But look under the collar
                          Yes this offiser got a Ritterkreutz and the hooks has been there since the war. Easy to see when you have the uniform in your hand.

Derek
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here a friend of mine sent me now:

1.Gbj.Div. Panzerj******228;ger Abteilung 54
                            Denne divisjonen kjempet under b******229;de 1 og 2 Panzerarme (1942 og 1944).

3.Gbj.Div. Panzerj******228;ger Abteilung 48

5.Gbj.Div. Panzerj******228;ger Abteilung 95

7.Gbj.Div. Panzerj******228;ger Abteilung 99

So the uniform I have could also be from one of these units ?

Derek

Comment

No it can't be a panzergrenadier in the gebirgstruppe or at least there were no panzergrenadier units within the gebirgstruppe.

Skijäger hasn't been mentioned, photographic evidence shows that many retained their edelweiss after transfering to the 1 Skijäger Brigade\Division.

Of course you get other non-infantry waffenfarbe along with the wearing of the edelweiss. Mountain divisions had artillery, engineers, transport, medics etc. etc. too.

I could just imagine the kinds of discussions a tunic like one of these would generate if it ever turned up.

Officers of GJR 136 on the Liza front ca.1943.
                              Attached Files
                              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X