No announcement yet.

Old Style Piped Infantry Major's Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Don, i don't think there is anything suspicious about the tunic, I would think most soldiers of officer or high nco rank would have been promoted up during the war and so shoulder boards would obviously be replaced.
    What would someone gain by ,(post war) pulling off nco insignia and putting on officer insignia. It is my belief that nco rank tunics sell for just as much and just as easily as officer tunics, so what would be the point.
    Maybe the tunic could have been found post war stripped of insignia and then restored , but i think this unlikely in this case. nice tunic
    Greg

Comment

Boards are on the wrong shoulders according to regs. It was done though.

Gerard

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
        Hi Rolf -

It did have original medal loops - it loks like they were torn or boken - there are still threads near the "new" loops from the old ones that were not completely removed - two sets of loops now are in the same location as the old ones - the third set, on the viewer's right, I can find no evidence of loops having been there before.

Don
        Wow, I completely missed those! I like the tunic anyways! I wish I had an Officer's tunic like that. The only parade uniform I have if for an NCO.

Comment

Hi Rolf -

It's on the eStand now...

Gerard - The cord shipped out Wednesday - you might get it today. I also noticed that one of the collar tabs is on backwards - the "V's" are running the wrong way - another common sartorial boo-boo...

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X