Kreta cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    vet /wife are always the best source very little chance of a copy.
    All the best Merdock

Comment

Hi Merdock,
      That is not so 100% sure.
      Many collectors say "vet buy!" "widow buy!" but in the last 50 plus years old soldiers have bought a cufftitle at a vets assoc meeting, an EK1 at a flea market while visiting london and a CCbt clasp at a tourist shop in Spain.
      Vet dies, and as far as the family is concerned, all his stuff is original. They dont know any better.
      Collector comes along, believes them to be honest people (and they are) and so buys it in good faith.
      Then draws his sabre to defend his stuff because it is an "honest vet buy".

I once had to eat a bit of crow because my wifes grandfater had bought a fake blokadebrecher badge after the war. I thought it was a bit strange, but could not see how it could not be good, until I found a reciept out of the 1950s for it (he kept all papers) some time later.

All the best
      Chris

Comment

Chris, not sure if you compared to mine or not but definitely not the same. I am 100% on mine. Were there variations as with so many items? I suppose what you are looking for is a stamped version like mine that matches yours? Mine and Ralph's appear to be a match.
        Last edited by Brian S; 03-03-2003, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Kreta cuff title

Here is another sample of the cuff title Kreta. A difference to the common types is the backside as the fabrics (edges) overlap. Can you give your opinions on this one as I have'nt seen one like it before.

Thanks,

Deejay
          <P>

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X