FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GREAT MASSIVE FIND!! all to one Heer Officer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT MASSIVE FIND!! all to one Heer Officer!

I thought I would post this for others to see, below is the description on our website, Relics of the Reich, but I have decided to keep it for myself, as its so unique and has so much information, please read it, its very unique. I just had to have it for my collection!

HUGE PIONEER COLONELS GROUPING. AMAZING !!! Obtained privately from a House clearance in Lubeck, Germany that has never on the market!

A Massive grouping for a Lt. Colonel in the Heer Pioneers. This grouping has remained untouched and undisturbed since the end of the War when this Lt. Colonel returned home. A veteran of the 1st World War ( where he rose from enlisted man to Officer ) he rejoined the army in the later 1930's and rose from Leut' to Lt. Colonel. He was on active duty in France with the invasion in 1940, and Norway later on, Russia. He was building bridges, repairing bridges, sometimes under fire - finally escaping from the Kurland to return home to Lubeck, via Berlin. He was awarded the EK1 and EK2 in the first war and then the Spange for EK2 - the KVK 1st and 2nd Class with swords - the army long service medal and flower war medals in the Nazi period.

The group consists of too much to list and is truly huge. The weight of the group when transported home was over 75 pounds!!
    There are hundreds of loose photos plus his personal photo album. They show him in various uniforms, wearing his awards - the awards and caps can be easily identified form the many close up photos. Many large format photos with Generals -- Field Marshals, and two original, unpublished photos of Hitler which have never been seen before, visiting him on the front lines. Framed photos of the Officer, one small, and one large, plus photos of parades he is leading on horseback, blown up bridges, repaired bridges, fellow officers, several of the Rare Assault gun boats in France 1940, etc etc.
    All his medals ( Most in there original award cases ) are all with their relevant citations - including the WW1 ones. Several Promotion documents signed by Hitler -Brauchtisch -Blomberg. One special large promotion document, with a large gilt eagle on front, from Captain to Major is signed by Hitler and von Brauchtisch and dated 1940. All are in mint condition or close. His dress sword with all accessories, hanger, and strap, plus knot -- his complete dagger, with hangers and knot -- his over painted near mint M40 Double decal helmet -named to him, the nice thing about this helmet is that underneath its still apple green, the inside was not painted over, and is still apple green, with its original untouched liner, This helmet has been untouched since the war!, then painted wartime with gray/green paint, same paint used on his gasmask cannister. Two Double Erel marked Officer visors, one is his dress visor, which is the same in his large Portrait photo, and one is his field visor, which can be seen in the album pics, all black piped -- His M38 Officer side cap, with black soutache. His stone mint riding boots, maker named, with the original wooden "trees" which are very heavy, these boots are the best we have seen - His dress short ankle boots with Spurs on them, and inside the spring "tree" -- spare spurs with the hooks to pull up his boots.

His combat Gas Mask cannisters, both named, one is WWI, one is WWII, painted same paint as his helmet, both have his name inside and are complete!. Two leather Map cases with his original Combat maps, yes, all his maps, and there are many, are combat maps, with his pencil drawings on many, with brdges, army group locations etc, all drawn by him in the field. His dress wide leather Belt and Buckle, wich matching cross strap, and his brown leather Sauer Pistol holster (no pistol). His field belt and buckle, several date wound dressings, unissued, His WWI and WWII dogtags, and the leather case to hold them, inside the leather case, are the love letters to his wife.

Many paper action reports, all typed, signed by various Generals and other ranking officers, many marked Secret ( geheime marked ) field reports, combat orders, bridge requests and orders. Many personal books, many from WWI and WWII, most all Military books, magazines, German military newpapers etc. There are about 30 German Army maps, including one of combat operations for Paris! Some of the Maps are for Norway and Russia, and the Russian maps are the ones mostly marked for combat use.

There are many set of his shoulderboards, collar tabs and other insignia removed from the many uniforms he obviously had at one time, and all of different ranks in his career. One set of boards are from WWI. Many wartime boards ahve the number "30" on them ,and most of the paperwork has his Battalion 30 stamped or written as well. Several Alum "X's" removed from early boards, several Ribbon bars, all from his carrer from WWI to WWII, many of these can be seen in the many pics of him. Membership books in the party and Stahlhelm, with the little Stahlhelm memebership pin - he was also an FAD officer in 1933-34 and included is his FAD pin.
    Other membership books, from in-between the wars with the pins as well. Next, are several Love letters from the First World War to his wife, with a smaller photo album with WWI postcards in it. Many WWI photos loose of him rising through the ranks, wearing the early prewar and wartime uniforms. Next paperwork, as he was a banker after the war as well, then went back inot the military in the 30's. Lots of papers, photos of him in the mid to late 30's with fellow officers. Other items in the lot, not pictured, are his unissued M43 cap, with an Oslo makers name, and the receipt for the cap when he was in Norway! An unissued sword extra scabbard, another pair of boots etc.

You can get an idea of the scale of the grouping from the two lots of photos on the site. The biggest group from one German Officer we ever seen. It is extremely rare to find so much to the same officer, complete, untouched since the war. The visors and overseas caps were never stripped or De-Nazified.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bergfurher; 06-13-2006, 10:20 AM.

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

pic 7
              Attached Files

Comment

I can see why you are keeping it. That is an unbelievable find. That is the largest single grouping I have seen. I applaud you for not only keeping together but for keeping it for yourself. Rare, indeed.

Comment

pic 8
                  Attached Files

Comment

pic 9
                    Attached Files

Comment

What a great score.I hope you post close ups of the whole grouping once you catch your breath. Definately a GJ collectors dream. WR Jim

Comment

pic 10
                        Attached Files

Comment

Its bigger then in the pics, so much stuff is still hidden under the piles in the pics! I have several period folders, with Secret papers for all his work for many years in Norway, Russia, and France! Plus, a very large, about 10 feet long, diagram, IN color, if a german Hand grenade! used for training. The neet part, is a large combat map, of Paris! to boot, with pencil drawings of army groups and units prepared for an attack that never happened.

Comment

A Very unique part, which I will post pics of, is his M43 field cap, unissued, BUT, with the Oslo Makers name in it. Yes, I can hear people saying thats odd, maybe wrong, but I even have the paperwork order and payment made by him for the cap, dated when he was in Norway!

The boots are the best part, so tall, no cracks, light wear, and boot tress that weigh 10 pounds each. Many items such as the caps, are in many pics of him wearing them, medals, insignia all can be found in the hundreds of pics of him.

Comment

As a collector of the pioneer branch I a spechless!!!!. Wow It is a great piece of history. It would be great to reserch the soldier and his documents.

Congratulations

JUan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X