Luftwaffe Pilots Armbands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t
    Last edited by Matt Starr; 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Luftwaffe Pilot Armband

Hi All,

I too have one of these armbands, as the one at the start of the thread but with plain, not italicised type. It was vet acquired with a 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger.
      For what its worth it passes the blacklight test also.

Regards,
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by U-Boot Kapitan View Post
        Hi All,

I too have one of these armbands, as the one at the start of the thread but with plain, not italicised type. It was vet acquired with a 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger.
        For what its worth it passes the blacklight test also.

Regards,
        Jay

Jay can you post some pictures?

Cheers

John

Comment

Mike, Your armband is a nice original. I have one just like it that came right from the vet. The vet had five of them and their were three variations including this one.

Comment

I've one of Joe's and I'm very pleased with it..., feels and looks OK to me..

Jos.

Comment

Deutsche Luftwaffe Armband

Hi John,

Sorry, but I'm unable to post pics with me just being a member. I can always email pics if anyone would be willing to post on my behalf.

Nice to know others are also comfortable with the originality of these armbands!

Regards,
              Jay

Comment

Luftwaffe Armband without text

Hello,

What do you think of this one? It looks original to me but doesn't have the text "Deutsche Luftwaffe". Does anybody have a photo that confirms that pilots also wore this type?

Regards
                Roger
                Attached Files

Comment

Bands

Are these like blood Chits or for foreign Vol. aircrew? What was their use?

Comment

Hi Roger, sorry I cannot help on advice on these. I have never handled a real one.

Hi John, they were used to ID the aircrew as friendly German forces. Not a foreign volunteer item.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks

Ah, Like a blood chit if they were knocked out or heavily wounded. Thanks!

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                      Hi Roger, sorry I cannot help on advice on these. I have never handled a real one.

Hi John, they were used to ID the aircrew as friendly German forces. Not a foreign volunteer item.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi John, yes that is it. I think they were a later war innovation at a time when a lot of Allied aircrew were bailing out over the Reich often to an uncertain future if caught by the civillian population.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Happy landings

My Father was in the 9th airforce and said that Allied aircrews towards the end of the War alleid aircrew were beaten to death/pitchforked on the ground by civilians. Makes sense to wear a band.

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                          Hi John, yes that is it. I think they were a later war innovation at a time when a lot of Allied aircrew were bailing out over the Reich often to an uncertain future if caught by the civillian poulation.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello Roger, while I can't comment on possible other use or origionality of your white armband I feel it is not a type used for flight personel. The few pics showing these have the eagle flying in the other direction. I will go out on a limb and state that all types used by flight personel for the ID of Luft personel on the ground were a bright yellow color. The color is exactly the same as seen on swimmvestes/life jackets. Best, Bill Bourque
                            Last edited by hs132; 11-25-2007, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
                              Hello Roger, while I can't comment on possible other use or origionality of your white armband I feel it is not a type used for flight personel. The few pics showing these have the eagle flying in the other direction. I will go out on a limb and state that all types used by flight personel for the ID of Luft personel on the ground were a bright yellow color. The color is exactly the same as seen on swimmvestes/life jackets. Best, Bill Bourque
                              I agree..
                              There's only 1 or maybe 2 types I like.
                              I personally don't like too much the ones having the stamped larger version of the "helmet decal type eagle"...
                              Can't say anything about the white armband in question, first one I see and have no clue.., might be real, might be fantasy..
                              Tricky eagle, like said, close to the helmet decal and now I look closer the funny thing is that it has a error fake helmet decals also have..., more tricky..

Jos.
                              Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                                Tricky eagle, like said, close to the helmet decal and now I look closer the funny thing is that it has a error fake helmet decals also have..., more tricky..
                                That kills it for me then Jos. I would not buy one as original.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X