DIFFERENCES OF FIRST MODEL And THIRD MODEL IN PANZERJACKE BLACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIFFERENCES OF FIRST MODEL And THIRD MODEL IN PANZERJACKE BLACK

hello friends I have a question on panzerjacke BLACK of first model, second and third, I see and I understand the differences between the first model and the second.
    BETWEEN The FIRST MODEL And THIRD MODEL IT IS AMONG OTHER THINGS EXTRA BUTTONS ON THE RIGHT FRONT PANEL , VISIBLE BUTTONHOLES IN LEFT AND HOOK... ETC ..THIS THIS CLEAR ONE AS IT SAYS WADE KRAWCZYK IN ITS BOOK.

my question is as it is the difference between the second model and the third model of panzerjacke BLACK ,to have if algun friend can say to me as it is the difference.
    I WAIT FOR OPINION OF FRIENDS IN ADVANCE THANKS

rebards
    XISCO

Hi,

Loot at this link.

http://www.panzer-brechen-durch.com/

Regards
    Werner

Comment

hello Werner IN LINK not to be I of decide in the second model are models without the pink neck then has to have another difference aside from the pink one of the neck in the book of WADE KRAWCZYK sees myself that there is a second model without pink of the pink neck the this single use until exhausting the existence to have to have another difference, is my opnion TO BE WAITING FOR but opinions regards. XISCO

Loot at this link.

http://www.panzer-brechen-durch.com/

Regards
      Werner[/quote]

Comment

nobody knows it?

hello, between our friends there is nobody knows the difference between the second model and third?
        regards
        xisco

Comment

Xisco.

The third pattern Panzer Jacke never had piping around the collar. Most second patterns that were produced had piping around the collar, though it is believed there were some that were produced without.
          Also to note, most 3rd patterns were RB numbered as they were produced mid-late war. The quality overall on 3rd patterns also went down.
          Hope this helps a little.

Comment

Tom thanks this helps me
            Originally posted by Tom Mumby
            Xisco.

The third pattern Panzer Jacke never had piping around the collar. Most second patterns that were produced had piping around the collar, though it is believed there were some that were produced without.
            Also to note, most 3rd patterns were RB numbered as they were produced mid-late war. The quality overall on 3rd patterns also went down.

Comment

Xisco.

I still do not understand the difference between the 2nd and 3rd patterns.

Aside from collar piping and economies of manufacture i.e. from say, a 1942 jacket and that of a 1944, what is the difference?

B. N. Singer

Comment

Not a lot really Mr Singer. On some third patterns the collar tabs were long and narrow, where as the second pattern were short and fat (on average), but there were many exceptions, variations.

The reasoning I believe for the "second pattern" terminology was because the wrap retained the piping around the collar. Though this has been proven IMO to be not always correct.

Comment

Not a lot really Mr Singer. On some third patterns the collar tabs were long and narrow, where as the second pattern were short and fat (on average), but there were many exceptions, variations.

The reasoning I believe for the "second pattern" terminology was because the wrap retained the piping around the collar. Though this has been proven IMO to be not always correct.
                  Ah Mr. Mumby,

Thank you for your clarification. This is what I have believed all along, that is, the term 2nd and 3rd pattern is somewhat misleading for a new collector.

The major difference (baring slight manufacturing differences i.e., longer or shorter collar tabs or 3 as opposed to 4 main closure buttons) is the piped or un-piped collar.

Regards,
                  B. N. Singer

Comment

No problem. You have it right on the money. I agree, it is misleading for the new collector.

Cheers

Comment

I am not of the belief that a 3rd pattern had fewer front buttoning buttons...if I am understanding what has been said. The three versus four large closure buttons was primarily, if not exclusively, a matter of alteration, not manufacture.
                      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Hello all!
                        the terminology "2nd or 3rd" pattern simply discriminates between the earlier piped, and later unpiped patterns of the same cut of panzerjacke. It was believed until recently that the collar piping was stopped in 1942, and whilst the ORDER stating this comes from that date it appears really that there were no piped wraps made after about 1940.

There is no evidence of there being a difference in the number of buttons at the front.....all wraps I have seen are manufactured with four. However as Scott has indicated many were shortened in keeping with fashion making them three buttons, but this is a personal modification only.

Hope that clears it all up!
                        Cheers, wade K.

Comment

[QUOTE=Panzer]Hello all!

There is no evidence of there being a difference in the number of buttons at the front.....all wraps I have seen are manufactured with four. However as Scott has indicated many were shortened in keeping with fashion making them three buttons, but this is a personal modification only.

Incorrect.

B. N. Singer

Comment

ok.....I am all ears.....care to expand or is it a secret?
                            Wade K.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer
                              ok.....I am all ears.....care to expand or is it a secret?
                              Wade K.
                              Good morning (evening)

No secret Wade,

I just have seen unaltered examples, manufactured having only three main closure buttons.

Respectfully,
                              B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X